Secret Girona and City Walls
In order to defend itself from enemies and foreign invasions already from the 1st century bC, the city was equipped with a wall that, after 4 expansions, many attacks and thousands of years, is still on its feet. Do you dare to discover it with us?
What will we do?
The city walls were built to offer additional protection to its inhabitants. From Roman to Modern times, the walls have been modified and improved according to the needs of the time. However, as time went by, the walls have lost their defensive role and, as happened with the city walls of Girona, they have acquired a more symbolic and historical function. In this tour, we will walk along the remaining segments of the walls, discovering their history, the gardens that are part of them and the battles they endured.
What we will see:
Gardens of the Walls – City Walls – Caserna dels Alemanys – Gardens of the Alemanys – Passeig de la Muralla – Gardens of John Lennon – Walls of Sant Pere – Sant Pere de Galligants.
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Jardins dels Alemanys, Carrer de la Muralla, 2, 17004 Girona Spain
Pass By: Passeig de la Muralla, Carrer Dels Alemanys, 20, 17004 Girona Spain
Departure Point :Plaça de Catalunya, Girona, Spain
Departure Time :6:30 PM
Return Detail :Plaça de Jacint Verdaguer i Santaló, 17004 Girona, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.