Secret Matera Sassi (Private Tour)
We will visit a beautiful UNESCO site like the Sassi of Matera: SASSI represents an extraordinary urban ecosystem able to perpetuate the most distant prehistoric ways of the past to live in caves up to modernity.
Known as "the Underground City", Matera is famous for being one of the oldest inhabited cities in the world. On October 17, 2014, Matera was declared the European Capital of Culture for 2019.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guides
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Casa Grotta di Vico Solitario
- Entry/Admission - Chiesa rupestre di Santa Lucia alle Malve
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Sasso Barisano, 75100, Matera Italy
Walk with a visit to an artisan shop
Stop At: Casa Grotta di Vico Solitario, Vico Solitario 11, 75100, Matera Italy
Visit with audio guide of the most famous Casa Grotta of the city of Matera.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Chiesa rupestre di Santa Lucia alle Malve, Sasso Caveoso, Matera Italy
The most beautiful and interesting rock church in the city of Matera
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Piazza Vittorio Veneto, Matera Italy
The meeting point for the Materani
Pass By: Sassi di Matera, Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 75100, Matera Italy
Tour of the most panoramic views of the old city of Matera from which to take beautiful photographs
Pass By: Chiesa del Purgatorio, Via Domenico Ridola, 75100, Matera Italy
One of the most interesting new churches in the city.
Departure Point :Piazza Vittorio Veneto, 75100 Matera MT, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.