Secret Rome: The undergrounds of Baroque Rome Private Walking Tour
Off the beaten track tour of Underground Rome, visiting the Vicus Caprarius, Roman insula under the Trevi Fountain and the Stadium of Domitian under Piazza Navona.
per adult from
What's included :
- Entrance tickets
- Professional, private guide
- Entry/Admission - Vicus Caprarius – the City of Water
- Entry/Admission - Piazza Navona
What's excluded :
- Lunch - all food and drink
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vicus Caprarius – the City of Water, Vicolo del Puttarello 25, 00187 Rome Italy
Everyone knows the famous Trevi Fountain, less known is the underground passages that stretch beneath the Trevi district; an intricate maze of ancient vestiges dating back to Roman times that await to be rediscovered.
The underground archaeological areas of Vicus Caprarius - the 'City of Water', consists of the structures of an imperial domus, the castellum aquae of the Virgin Aqueduct and small museum filled with Roman artefacts. Follow the path of the ancient aqueduct of Aqua Virgo and learn how it worked and its history, including finding its remains hidden in the modern city. This includes spotting a secret stretch with a hidden door and the well preserved pat under a flashy shopping mall.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Piazza Navona, 00186 Rome Italy
descend underneath the busy PiazzaNavona to discover its secret underside away from the crowds.
On a journey backwards in time, it is possible to live Rome's millennial stratification and observe the archaeological evidence of the great events that characterised the city's history, from the fire of Rome under emperor Nero to the Barbarian invasions, from the sack of Alaricus to the siege of the Goths.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Vicus Caprarius-the Water City, Vicolo del Puttarello, 25, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza Navona, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for people with claustrophobia
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.