Secrets of an Organic Family Winery
Pietro kicked off his first natural wine experiments in a garage with his brother Paolo and then founded “Sa Defenza”, an innovative organic wine company. He will welcome you to our unique estate and would try to convey all his passion for nature and organic agriculture.
per adult from
What's included :
- Snacks - A curated selection of light bites including local charcuterie, artisan cheeses, traditional Sardinian bread
- Alcoholic Beverages - Full tasting of 3 wines from the property with the opportunity to purchase bottles to take home
What's excluded :
5:30 pm – 6:15 pm
We will explore our vineyards of Parteolla and all the native Sardinian vines that we grow every day with passion. We will walk among the vineyards rows until we meet “Doctor Wine”, who will show us the different characteristic of an organic vine plant and how to prune it. We will be able to pick beautiful and fragrant wild flowers during the walk and collect some spontaneous vegetables that we can then bring and cook at home.
6:30 pm – 7:00 pm
While the sun starts setting, we will visit a second vineyard, close to an ancient granite quarry, and have a bite of traditional Sardinian sandwich together with 1 glass of an amazing sparkling wine.
7:15 pm – 8:30 pm
We will explore our cellar to understand all the details of the winemaking, aging, bottling and labelling process of our entire production.
We will then introduce you to a selection of 2 authentic and organic Sardinian wines of our production and savour an organic menu in a cosy and intimate winery owned by our family. We will have still white wine followed by a sweet taste of malvasia, with charcuterie plate, vegetarian appetizers, homemade cheese and vegetables picked directly from our fields.
Departure Point :Cantina Sa Defenza, Via Sa Defenza, 38, 09040 Donori Provincia di Cagliari, Italy
Departure Time :6/6/2019 - 11/4/2021
Wednesday: 05:30 PM - 08:30 PM Friday: 05:30 PM - 08:30 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.