Secrets of the High Line
Small-sized group tours. Perfect for tourists AND locals New Yorkers too!
Learn lots of secrets about New York City's "Park in the Sky" and its surrounding neighborhoods. Built upon a historic freight rail line erected above the streets on Manhattan's West Side, the High Line has become a major draw for tourists and locals alike. This fun, two-hour guided walking tour includes a visit to Chelsea Market; the chic gastro haven was once the home of Nabisco, the birthplace of the Oreo cookie. Meandering the entire length of the unique and stunning elevated public park, you'll take in breathtaking views of NYC from an entirely new perspective. You'll learn all sorts of area "secrets" through engaging narration throughout your tour. The tour covers the High Line's past and present, its art and area galleries, its horticulture, its surrounding neighborhoods, visible iconic buildings, future developmental plans and the latest cutting-edge architecture sprouting up all around the High Line.
per adult from
120 to 135 minutes
What's included :
- Professional, local guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chelsea Market, 75 9th Ave, New York City, NY 10011-7006
Visit inside the Chelsea Market.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Meatpacking District, West of Eighth Avenue, New York City, NY 10014
Enjoy commentary as your tour passes through this historic area.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: The High Line, New York City, NY 10014
Walk NYC's beautiful "Park-In-The-Sky" while your Guide provides fascinating commentary. Be sure to bring a camera as there are many great photo ops to be enjoyed.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: The Vessel, 20 Hudson Yards, New York City, NY 10001-2151
This is an absolutely stunning piece of climbable art and architecture It is indisputably, the hottest attraction to arrive in New York City, in decades! A definite must-see as part of your tour of the High Line. Tour Guests will have a chance to view this amazing structure that begs for photos to be taken, as the tour concludes in the Hudson Yards area. You are welcome to spend as much or as little time there at tour's end. Please make sure that you bring your camera!
Departure Point :75 9th Ave, New York, NY 10011, USA
Return Detail :30 Hudson Yards, New York, NY 10001, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children MUST be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for children aged 12 and under as children generally tend to tire fast and become restless quickly
- A moderate amount of walking is involved (approximately 1.5 miles)
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or serious medical conditions, walking difficulties or any other physical limitations that might prevent them from enjoying or completing the tour.
- Not recommended for women in advanced stages of pregnancy due to uneven surfaces and distance walking
- Tour operates in all weather conditions unless otherwise indicated by the Tour Provider. In the rare instance that the tour must be cancelled due to extremely unfavorable and/or potentially hazardous weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or a full refund of your tour's purchase price.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers age 13 and above.
- Tours are currently conducted in the English language ONLY. If you have difficulty understanding the English language, this may not be the best tour for you. Unfortunately, use of a translator's assistance during the tour is not permitted due to the distraction it creates for other paying Guests.
- Minimum Guest numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough Guests to meet tour requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund of the purchase price.
- Restroom breaks are highly recommended prior to tour start. There are no scheduled rest stops once the tour begins.
- Beverages and snacks are permitted during tour, however, any purchase of these items MUST be made PRIOR to the tour's start time.
- Please report to meet-up location 15 MINUTES BEFORE the start of your tour for check-in with the Guide. Be prepared to present your paper or electronic voucher.
- SMILES are REQUIRED; cameras are highly recommended.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- No Guest may participate who does not abide by social distancing and mouth AND nose mask wearing guidelines. Masks MUST BE WORN from the meet time and throughout the tour until its completion. NO EXCEPTIONS. Those who do not comply will be immediately released from the tour and will not be refunded.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.