Self-Guided Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle Tour
Visit Buckingham Palace and Windsor Castle on this unescorted tour!
Meet your Golden Tours representative at 9:15am (departure 9:30am) in Victoria who will escort you to Buckingham Palace (10-minute walk).
Buckingham Palace – Special Timed Entry With Audio Guide.
Special timed entry ensures a breathtaking visit to the official residence of Britain’s sovereigns since 1837.
At 1:30pm clients will make their own way to our offices in Victoria for the Windsor Castle tour departing at 1:45pm.
Departing from central London, your driver will take you straight to Windsor Castle for an extended visit. Steeped in history, Windsor Castle perches proudly on a lush wooded hill overlooking the Thames. Dating back to Norman times, with sweeping landscaped gardens and round tower, it’s easy to see why it’s the Queen’s favourite weekend residence.
This tour is unescorted.
per adult from
10 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Transportation to Windsor by luxury air-conditioned coach
- Admission to Buckingham Palace
- Admission to Windsor Castle
- Entry/Admission - Buckingham Palace
- Entry/Admission - Windsor Castle
- Entry/Admission - St. George's Chapel
What's excluded :
- Food and beverages unless stated differently
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Buckingham Palace, Spur Road, London SW1A 1AA England
Meet your tour representative in Victoria, London. They will escort you to Buckingham Palace (10 min walk), special timed entry ensures a breath-taking visit to the official residence of Britain’s sovereigns since 1837. Open for just 8 weeks a year, viewing the State rooms is an opportunity not to be missed! Marvel at the splendour of the rooms, used on official occasions by The Queen to entertain her guests. Be dazzled by the beautiful ballroom and throne room, before ending your royal tour with a walk through the stunning South Garden.
At 1:30pm make your own way to the original meeting point in Victoria for the Windsor Castle tour departing at 1:45pm.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Windsor Castle, Castle Hill, Windsor SL4 1PD England
Departing from Central London, your driver will take you straight to Windsor Castle for an extended visit. Upon arrival at Windsor Castle audio guides are available in different languages. Steeped in history, Windsor Castle perches proudly on a lush wooded hill overlooking the Thames. Dating back to Norman times, with sweeping landscaped gardens and turreted Round Tower, it’s easy to see why it’s the Queen’s favourite weekend residence. Enjoy a fascinating through–the–keyhole peek at the lavish State Apartments, home to priceless artworks by Rembrandt and Leonardo da Vinci, and visit St. George’s Chapel, the atmospheric final resting place of former monarchs including Henry VIII. You can visit Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House, a truly incredible structure complete with working lifts, running water, electricity, and wine bottles, all in miniature!
This tour finishes at approximately 7pm in Kensington.
Please note: this tour is unescorted
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: St. George's Chapel, Castle Hill, Windsor England
Visit St. George’s Chapel, the atmospheric final resting place of former monarchs including Henry VIII. You can visit Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House, a truly incredible structure complete with working lifts, running water, electricity, and wine bottles, all in miniature!
Please note: St. George’s Chapel is closed for visitors on Sundays.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Bulleid Way, Victoria, London SW1W, UK
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Once booked, this tour cannot be cancelled
- Please note there is a 15 minute walk to Buckingham Palace at the start of this tour
- For safety reasons, pushchairs are not permitted in the State Rooms. They must be checked in and reclaimed at the exit. Baby-carriers are available for loan
- A one-way system operates along the entire visitor route for safety reasons
- Photography and filming (for private use only) and use of mobile phones are permitted in the Palace garden. Mobile phones must be switched off elsewhere on the visitor route
- Please note: this is an unescorted tour
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- St. George’s Chapel is closed to visitors on Sundays as services are held throughout the day. Worshippers are welcome to attend the services.
- Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House is currently closed until further notice.
- Please note: the tour itinerary and order may change.
- Clients that require mobility access must book directly with Buckingham Palace on (+44) (0)303 123 7324
- Windsor Castle closures:
- 25 and 26 December – Castle completely closed.
- Our vehicles are modern, comfortable, and kept to the highest standards of cleanliness, including a deep clean every day
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 52 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Some attractions may have different social distancing measures in place, but the safety and comfort of customers and staff is always the main priority.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.