Self Guided Hiking Tour
This is a must-do day trip if you're in the Kyrenia area and have some extra time! The hike is not long (4.5 miles), but it is all above 21,000 feet so, while it is challenging for that reason, it is also one of the best day trips in North Cyprus!
This trip can be tailor made throughout the year to suit your requirements.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Lightweight hiking shoes or hiking boots
- Walking poles
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Agios Thomas, Cyprus
The hike begins above the village passing through a young pine underwood to the mountain stronghold Kantara. Gorgeous views over the shore and the Mesaoria plain please the eye until the stronghold is reached. The walk ends in the small village of Kantara where you can enjoy a break and some cold refreshments at the Kantara Restaurant.
The walk then continues as an undulating track to the Crusader Castle of Kantara. The enormous castle rises 650m above sea level at the beginning of the Karpaz peninsula. On a clear day, you can even spot Cape Zafer in the distance.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your guide will meet you at your hotel in Kyrenia the evening before your hike to finalize details and ensure all your questions are answered.* We pick up from any hotels in Kyrenia (Girne) district. * Contact for pick-up from Nicosia, Larnaca, Bafra, Limassol
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.