Self-Guided Tour in the Museum of Roses
Rose production and even the greater part the trading with the rose oil became one of the most attractive visit cards on Kazanlak region and the Bulgarian agriculture. Before half century reasonably said: Rose culture in Bulgaria whose purpose is extraction of rose oil, is not only the oldest and the most charming industry in the country but also exceptionally and specific in the region.
per adult from
1 to 8 hours
What's included :
- E-Guided tour of the museum
- Entry/Admission - Museum of Roses
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- Visit: Museum of Roses, Voynishka Str. 1 Rosarium Park, Kazanlak 6100 Bulgaria
Museum of Roses of its kind is located in the Town of Roses – Kazanlak. The first museum exhibition of the Kazanlak rose was displayed in 1967 and from 1969 onwards it turned into a rose museum that is globally unique. The museum’s look, as we know it nowadays, dates back to 1984. It is located in a new building in Rosarium park and is part of the Iskra historical museum in the town of Kazanlak.
The Museum of Roses has a rich collection of objects, pictures and documents that reveal the history of Bulgarian oleaginous-roses growing. These exhibits are located in three halls. Inside the museum one can see instruments used for processing rose gardens, utensils for storage and export of rose oil and rose water. There is also a reproduction of a rose-oil depot and of the first rose-oil examination laboratory established in 1907. Hristo Yaramov is a chemistry teacher in the Kazanlak school. The laboratory was aimed at analyzing the rose oil and started issuing certificates for the purity of oil that was to be exported abroad. The period back then was hard for Bulgarian rose-growing as the so called ‘tereshe’, or fake rose oil, emerged. Threatened by deterioration of the Bulgarian rose oil’s reputation as the world’s best, Hristo Yaramov’s laboratory was a successful attempt to spoil this wrongful practice. A remarkable object in the museum’s exhibition is a rose-oil container that was last used in 1947, but the rose fragrance still comes out of it.
Departure Point :Museum of Roses, Voynishka Str. 1 Rosarium Park, Kazanlak 6100 Bulgaria
Departure Time :6/10/2019 - 10/28/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.