Self-guided tour in Varna Archaeological Museum + ticket
Explore the hidden history at Varna Archaeological Museum. In the museum you can find 6000-year-old bangles, necklaces and earrings said to be the oldest worked gold found in the world. You'll also find Roman surgical implements, Hellenistic tombstones and touching oddments including a marble plaque listing, in Greek, the names of the city’s school graduates for AD 221.
Our personalized e-guide will help you explore the museum at your own pace, safely and securely without groups of people. You could load the e-guide on your mobile device and use it as many times as possible.
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Personalized E-guide
- Safe and secure exploration of the spot individually with the help of our e-guide
- Entry/Admission - Varna Archaeological Museum
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: Varna Archaeological Museum, Bul. Maria Louisa 41, Varna 9000 Bulgaria
The inauguration of the Varna Archaeological Museum and its further development is closely connected with the names of the two brothers Herman and Karel Škorpil, Czechs by origin, who came to help with the education and culture of their sister Slavonic nation following the Liberation of Bulgaria from the Turkish Yoke. In 1894 they permanently settled in Varna. On 12 December 1901, a group of socially active figures and teachers established the Varna Archaeological Society that for decades since has been the basic motivating power for interest and study in the history of Varna, Varna Region, and Northeast Bulgaria. The inauguration of an archaeological museum was a task of prime importance for the Society.
The building was originally constructed to be a Girls High School between 1892–1898 after the design of the famous Bulgarian architect Petko Momchilov. The architectural style is new renaissance. The building comprises of a basement area and two floors. It nearly forms a complete square and includes a spacious inner yard. Some of the rooms and the corridors are decorated with wall paintings. A continuous corridor runs throughout the whole building, leading to the exhibition rooms.
Departure Point :Varna Archaeological Museum, Bul. Maria Louisa 41, Varna 9000 Bulgaria
Departure Time :12/31/2019 - 12/30/2020
12/31/2020 - 12/30/2021
Tuesday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday - Saturday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please note this is not an actual ticket. You will be receiving the second voucher to have an access to the museum.
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.