Self-Guided Tour: Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe from Interlaken
This is a self-guided tour. You travel independent the classic "round trip" from Interlaken to Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe, the outbount journey via Lauterbrunnen, the return travel via Grindelwald.
With our detailed travel instructions you travel according your preferences, you may stop whereever you want (Lauterbrunnen, Kleine Scheidegg, Grindelwald, Jungfraujoch) and enjoy the views at a specific point as long as you prefer.
You will get the travel booklet and all necessary personalized tickets by e-mail after your booking - no mobile device necessary during the tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- all taxes, fees and handling charges
- train ticket Interlaken-Jungfraujoch-Interlaken
- travel booklet with detailed description of your self-guided tour (step-by-step)
- travel booklet with all schedules and alternates for your flexibility
- emergency contact from SwissTravelGuide
- Entry/Admission - Jungfraujoch
- Entry/Admission - Jungfraujoch Sphinx Observatory
- Entry/Admission - Ice Palace - Jungfraujoch
- Entry/Admission - Lindt Chocolate Shop Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lauterbrunnen, Lauterbrunnen, Jungfrau Region, Bernese Oberland, Canton of Bern
Lauterbrunnen is a village and a municipality in the Interlaken-Oberhasli administrative district in the canton of Bern in Switzerland and comprises the major Lauterbrunnen Valley.
You may change here direct on the next train to "Kleine Scheidegg" or you walk through the small village to see the world known "Staubbach waterfall".
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Kleine Scheidegg, Berner Oberland Switzerland
Kleine ScheideggThe Kleine Scheidegg is a mountain pass at an elevation of 2,061 m (6,762 ft), situated below and between the Eiger and Lauberhorn peaks.
Here the train from Lauterbrunnen ends and you change to the Jungfrau railway.
You may stop at your own preferences.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Jungfraujoch, Bernese Oberland Interlaken, 3800 Switzerland
The Jungfraujoch railway station, at an elevation of 3,454 metres (11,332 ft) is the highest in Europe. It lies east of the saddle, below the Sphinx station, and is connected to the Top of Europe building, which includes several panoramic restaurants and a post office. Several tunnels lead outside, where secured hiking trails on the crevassed glacier can be followed, in particular to the Mönchsjoch Hut.
Discover the destination with the marked "round-tour" to see all sights at Jungfraujoch.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Jungfraujoch Sphinx Observatory, Jungfraujoch, Jungfraujoch 3801 Switzerland
The Sphinx Observatory, one of the highest astronomical observatories in the world, provides an additional viewing platform at a height of 3,572 metres (11,719 ft). It can be reached by an elevator from the Jungfraujoch. The observatory houses one of the Global Atmosphere Watch's atmospheric research stations. The Jungfraujoch radio relay station, which is not accessible to the public, is installed west of the Jungfraujoch, on the Jungfrau ridge. It is Europe's highest radio relay station.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Ice Palace - Jungfraujoch, Jungfraujoch Switzerland
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Lindt Chocolate Shop Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe, Jungfraujoch 3801 Switzerland
Duration: 10 minutes
Pass By: Kleine Scheidegg, Kleine Scheidegg, Jungfrau Region, Bernese Oberland, Canton of Bern
Stop At: Grindelwald, Grindelwald, Jungfrau Region, Bernese Oberland, Canton of Bern
Grindelwald is a village and municipality in the Interlaken-Oberhasli administrative district. In addition to the village of Grindelwald, the municipality also includes the settlements of Alpiglen, Burglauenen, Grund, Itramen, Mühlebach, Schwendi, Tschingelberg and Wargistal.
Grindelwald village is located at 1,034 m (3,392 ft) above sea level in the Bernese Alps.
You change here for your train back to Interlaken. You may also spend your time for a little walk through the village.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Interlaken Ost, 3800 Interlaken, Switzerland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks required in public transportation and in stores/shops
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.