Self-Guided Tour With Private Transfer: Be Around With Fireflies And Tung Blossom
Have you ever seen fireflies dancing on flowers? April and May are the best season to see fireflies and Tung Flowers in Taiwan. In this self-guided tour is going to take you to Sanxia District (1 hour driving distance away from Taipei city) to see the beautiful natures in some private area. Put on your comfortable shoes and prepare your camera, and go to visit the firefly paradise and enjoy the lovely Tung Blossom Festival! This surely is a fun tour for nature lovers and shutterbugs.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Bottled water
- Passenger Insurance
- Transportation to attractions
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees, if required
- Fireflies are sometimes called lightning bugs. You may wonder – how and why are these insects able to light up? It’s because of a chemical reaction between an organic compound in the fireflies’ bellies and the air. Fireflies emit light during mating season to attract their lovers. Moreover, their habitats must be close to the clean water area. It's hard to see fireflies around nowadays due to environmental degradation. Luckily, you are still able to see them in Taiwan from April to early June. Life is short. Seize the day like what fireflies do. So the next time you see a firefly, keep in mind that its flickering isn’t just a wonder of the night. It’s also a unique language of love.
You will also get to see beautiful Tung flowers (Vernicia fordii) during this tour, and there is a Tung Blossom Festival in Taiwan every April to June. The inspiration of the Tung Blossom Festival comes from the Hakka people (one of ethnics in Taiwan). The Tung Trees that cover the hills and fields were an important cash crop for the Hakka in the past. You will find the different stages of Tung Trees in its appearance throughout the four Seasons. Around April or May the flowers start to blossom, and it's beautiful as snow white. That's why people named Tung Blossom as " May Snow".
Your driver will pick you up at your hotel in Taipei, and transferred you directly to the entrance of Firefly Trail in Sanxia District. You will spend around 2 hours there to see the Tung flowers and fireflies. You can take some nice photos there but please do not use flash as it may scare the fireflies away. The best way to protect this nature environment is to keep voice down and cherish your memories.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located hotel in TaipeiPlease enter your hotel if you don't see it on the list.
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 5 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- No flash light is allowed during the tour
- Please keep the voice low during the tour
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.