Self-guided Virtual Tour of Ancient Agora: The birth of democracy
Experience the Ancient Agora from the comfort of your home with an engaging self-guided virtual tour narrated in English, from your PC or smartphone browser. It’s so simple! You will receive an email with the tour link and instructions, and in a couple of minutes, you will travel back in time and enjoy a virtual journey from the comfort of your couch!
Through the power of storytelling combined with street and satellite views, you will discover not only historical facts but also unknown stories and tales of ancient and modern times that will amaze your family and friends. The tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief intriguing stories that will make your virtual visit both engaging and informative. The tour is only available online and you can access it repeatedly anytime.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into treasures of the Ancient Agora and immerse yourself in the surroundings/exhibits in an entirely innovative way.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Virtual Self-guided Tour for the Ancient Agora with satellite & street views
- Audio content with engaging & original stories in English
- 34 Points of Interest containing a total of 112 stories
What's excluded :
- Live Guide
- Offline access
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Panathenaic Way, Athens Greece
he tour actually begins at the Panathenaic Way, the most notable and famous Athenian road of ancient times, used for leisure, travel, and religious ceremonies. It owed its name to the procession held during the Great Panathenaia festival celebrated every year in order to commemorate the birth of Goddess Athena and the battle between her and God Poseidon.
Duration: 8 minutes
Stop At: Temple of Hephaestus, 24 Adrianou St. Ancient Agora of Athens, Athens 105 55 Greece
Temple of Hephaestus or Hephaisteion is the best preserved of all Greek Doric temples. Even though the temple is dedicated to the cult of Hephaestus, the deeds of Theseus, the legendary king of Athens, that ornate the building gave rise to the name of the temple “Thiseion” that gave in its turn the appellation to an entire neighborhood which today is very popular and full of restaurants, cafes, and bars.
Duration: 8 minutes
Stop At: Stoa of Attalos, Adrianou St. 24, Athens Greece
The so-called Stoa of Attalos is the most impressive Hellenistic building that never ceased its function and houses today the Museum of the Ancient Agora. During 1952-56 the American School of Classical Studies restored the Stoa that finally housed the antiquities found in the Ancient Agora. The exhibition is organized by chronological units, from the Neolithic to Roman and Byzantine periods, giving you the chance to make a journey through time and imagine the Ancient Agora from its very beginning.
Duration: 8 minutes
Departure Point :Adrianou, Athina, Greece
Departure Time :5/7/2020 - 7/28/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Non - refundable once activated
- This is a virtual tour for the Ancient Agora that you can take from the comfort of your home and feel like you were there
- No live guide or meeting point required
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to access your tour via a link. Check your spam folder as well
- No special equipment is needed (i.e. special glasses). However, earphones or headphones are highly recommended to enjoy the experience
- This product can be accessed from any web browser and requires internet connection. The tour is available only online. The virtual tour doesn’t require a visit to the site/venue
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.