Self-guided Virtual Tour of Roman Forum: The Beating Heart of The Empire
Experience the Roman Forum from the comfort of your home with an engaging self-guided virtual tour, narrated in English from your PC or smartphone browser. It’s so simple! You'll receive an email with the tour link with instructions and in a couple of minutes, you will travel back in time and enjoy a virtual journey from the comfort of your couch!
Through the power of storytelling combined with street and satellite views, you will learn not only about historical facts but also discover unknown stories and tales of ancient and modern times that will amaze your family and friends. The tour’s content is the result of in-depth research, squeezed into brief intriguing stories that will make your virtual visit both engaging and informative. The tour is only available online and you can access it repeatedly and anytime.
This is an unmissable opportunity to gain valuable insights into the pulsating heart of Ancient Rome and immerse yourself in the surroundings in an entirely innovative way.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Virtual Self-guided Tour for the Roman Forum with satellite & street views
- Audio content with engaging & original stories in English
- 14 Points of Interest containing a total of 69 Stories
What's excluded :
- Live Guide
- Offline access
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Basilica Aemilia, Via Sacra Roman Forum, Rome Italy
You will learn everything about the Basilica Aemilia, the only Republican Basilica surviving today within the area of the Forum and listen to the heart-rending story of the grandsons of the first Emperor of Rome, “the princes of youth”. You’ll also take a good idea of the joyous lifestyle of the early Romans who, just like contemporary Italians, loved dining al fresco!
Duration: 8 minutes
Stop At: Via Sacra 1, 00186 Rome Italy
Walking virtually along Via Sacra, the spine of the ancient city and setting of countless deeds and misdeeds, you’ll follow in the steps of the Roman warriors, who once returned victorious from their battles and conquests to march the route of the Roman Triumph. Some of the city’s most impressive attractions are lined on the road, including the imposing Arch of Titus.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Tempio del Divo Giulio, Via della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
Among many other fascinating attractions, you’ll encounter the famed Temple of Caesar, whose life and assassination is commemorated until today at the heart of the Forum. Leave a flower on the grave of the glorious general and learn about the games of power and control in the political life of Rome.
Duration: 8 minutes
Departure Point :Via dei Fori Imperiali, Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :5/6/2020 - 2/25/2022
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Non-refundable once activated
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 99 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.