Self-Guided Waterfall Gully to Mount Lofty Hike from Adelaide
Follow winding hiking trails through the Australian countryside at your own pace on this self-guided hike from Waterfall Gully to Mt Lofty from Adelaide. Trek along the 2.5-mile (3.9-km) route at your leisure, and pass tumbling waterfalls and shimmering streams. Along the way, admire the beautiful countryside for which Australia is famous and watch the treetops for sightings of sleepy koalas. At Mt Lofty’s high summit, enjoy rewarding views over the rugged terrain to coastal Glenelg and Port Adelaide.
This hike is graded as hard - it involves steep sections and uneven services and a good level of fitness and mobility is required.The total return walking distance is 7.8km.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected city hotels only)
- Trail orientation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Waterfall Gully Road Cleland Conservation Park, Adelaide, South Australia Australia
Following a morning pickup at your Adelaide hotel, take the scenic drive out of the city toward Waterfall Gully — the trailhead of Adelaide’s most popular hike. On arrival, watch the spectacular First Falls sparkling in the morning sunshine then set off at your own pace.
During your hike, follow the 2.5-mile (3.9-km) trail past cascading waterfalls and along winding streams, and admire panoramic views from the tall gully ridges. Stop along the way to admire the beautiful scenery and fully immerse yourself in the natural environment.
Listen as native birds chirp in the trees and enjoy the scent of eucalyptus trees on the air. As you explore, keep an eye out for sleepy koalas high in the gum trees and kangaroos grazing in the bush.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: 266 Mount Lofty Summit Road Cleland, South Australia Australia
At the summit of Mt Lofty, take in panoramic views of the city buildings, parklands and the iconic Adelaide Oval below. Be sure to look out across the plains to the coastal town of Glenelg and the far reaches of Port Adelaide. On a clear day, you may even see Kangaroo Island!
Perhaps relax and enjoy coffee or brunch at The Summit Café (own expense). Then, head back down to Waterfall Gully and meet your pureSA driver for the return to your Adelaide hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :pureSA tours, 111 Franklin St, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
Traveler pickup is offered
Main departure point and time is 8am from the pureSA office located at The Joinery, 111 Franklin Street, Adelaide. If you have selected a hotel pickup from the above list you must be waiting outside the hotel no later than 7.40am.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This hike is graded as hard - it involves steep sections and uneven services and a good level of fitness and mobility is required.The total return walking distance is 7.8km.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or young children
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please dress appropriately for the weather and wear clothing and footwear suitable for bushwalking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- In the interest of sustainability we recommend you bring a refillable water bottle (full).
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Pure SA follow recommendations of the South Australian Health department with COVID-19 health, safety and operational protocols in accordance with regulations covering tour operations. The full policy can be read on the Pure SA website. Note, face masks are not mandatory but are available.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.