Semi-Independent Tour to Galatina and Gallipoli from Lecce
A tour rich in history, culture, art and culinary art.
The story told through churches, monuments and architecture of the historic center of Galatina and Gallipoli; through the wine culture with a break in the L’Astore di Cutrofiano for wine tasting (at own expense); through a visit in the characteristic and well-known fish-market of Gallipoli.
Tour guide is not included.
per adult from
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Wine tasting (optional)
- Tour guides for attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Galatina, Galatina, Province of Lecce, Puglia
The pick-up will take place at 9am in your favourite location in Lecce.
Your first stop in this driven tour will be in Galatina. Galatina is the city in which testimonies of the Latin and Greek cultures coexist in harmony, mingling with the magic-esoteric "tarantism", which is why the city rites can be called an "outdoor museum" and in 2005 was declared City of Art. One of the most important buildings is the Church of Santa Caterina, a fresco jewel in Gothic-Byzantine style and therefore declared National Monument; and the Mother Church dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul.
Then there are the numerous palaces in precious and elegant Baroque style; the three gates of the city, only evidence of the ancient city walls, and the three Basilian crypts intended as places of worship and abode by the Basilian monks.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cutrofiano, Cutrofiano, Province of Lecce, Puglia
After Galatina, your driver will take you to Cantina L'Astore in Cutrofiano, about 100 hectares of vineyards and olive groves, where you can have lunch and taste local wines.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Gallipoli, Gallipoli, Province of Lecce, Puglia
Finally, your driver will take you to Gallipoli, the tourist center for its beautiful beaches and crystal clear water.
Gallipoli is a trendy town that still keeps the atmosphere of the ancient fishing village. Its name derives from the greek "Kalé polis", which means "beautiful city" and is in fact called Pearl of the Ionian Sea. The old town is situated on a limestone island connected to the mainland by a stone bridge, and it is a continuous overlapping of building structures of various periods and different cultural backgrounds.
After a walk downtown, we strongly recommend a stop in Piazza della Dogana, home to the folklorist fish market. Every day the fishermen open their oily fish shoals, sea bream and sea bass, groupers and octopuses. You will find a mix of perfumes and silver fish that contrast with the bright colors of the boats and the blue sea.
At the end of the walk your chauffeur will be waiting to take you back to the meeting point in Lecce at 4.30pm
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :73100 Lecce, Province of Lecce, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 6 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- The English speaking drivers are not guaranteed and will depend on availability.
- Tour guides are not included, and it is suggested for you to bring a guidebook.
- Entrance fees to requested sites are not included - please ensure that you are prepared with which sites you'd like to see and their associated fees
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.