Semi Private Colosseum Tour with Special Access to the Arena Floor - Group of 10
Skip the line with your semi private group of 10 people and experience the Colosseum with our limited Special Access to the Gladiator’s Gate as you pass through the ‘stage door’ of the Colosseum, directly onto the partially reconstructed Arena Floor, usually off-limits to most tours. You’ll then be taken to the second tier of the Colosseum, where spectators once sat. With the time saved avoiding lines and crowds, enjoy Skip-the-Line Access to the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill.
per adult from
What's included :
- Group size is 10 people
- Skip the Line Access for the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Privileged Colosseum Arena Access
- Expert-English Guide
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
- Entry/Admission - Palatine Hill
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food/Beverage (when not mentioned in the Inclusions)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Feel the glory and majesty of Rome at the height of its power as you walk on the very same stones as those who came to fight here in gladiatorial combat, treading in their footsteps out onto a partial reconstruction of the arena floor, looking up at the tiered ruins that were once filled with some 50,000-80,000 bloodthirsty spectators.
You are sure to hear their echoes as your eyes are drawn upward, your body turns and your mind is boggled by the elegance and engineering prowess of what was once the largest structure of its kind in the world, all from this unique 360° view, as a local expert guide reminds you of its dramatic purpose in a narrative that goes beyond anything Hollywood could dream up.
Home to the gladiatorial games, exotic staged hunts, theatrical executions and even mock sea-battles, this 1.5-hour Colosseum tour explores the Arena Floor with its awe-inspiring perspective, up-close views of the underground area where the spectacle was brought to life, and the panorama from where the Emperor’s box once stood, all special access areas that standard ticket holders don’t get to see.
In addition, you will follow your guide up to the second level to see what the crowds saw, tracing the Colosseum’s circumference in an effort to understand what it must have been like when the stands were packed, the crowds were roaring and a gladiator’s destiny hung on their whims.
No other itinerary allows you to see the Colosseum from the two most impressive above and below viewpoints in such a compact time frame.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
After the tour in the Colosseum, follow your guide for Skip the Line access to the Roman Forum at no additional cost. Here you will be taken to the best vantage point for a short introduction into its history and most famous monuments before visiting them on your own, enriched by your guide’s expert knowledge.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Palatine Hill, Piazza Santa Maria Nova, 53, 00186 Rome Italy
You will also be able to hike to the top of the Palatine Hill for an exceptional bird’s-eye perspective over the Forum and Circus Maximus.
The Colosseum has fascinated visitors throughout history, evoking images of fierce gladiators, roaring crowds, as well as wild lions and tigers springing from their cages. For the first time you can now access this awe-inspiring edifice's Arena Floor directly for a truly indelible imprint of the wonder that was ancient Rome.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Largo Gaetana Agnesi, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Following the new regulations regarding Coronavirus, at the entrance your body temperature will be checked. If a body temperature above 37.5 ° C is registered, you will not be able to enter the site.
- All visitors must wear the mask both at the entrance and during the entire visit and always keep the safety distance of 1.80 m.
- Unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
- On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures
- Due to Colosseum security regulations, a PASSPORT OR VALID ID DOCUMENT IS MANDATORY to join this tour. It is your responsibility to ensure you have a valid document with you on tour. Passengers who fail to provide a valid proof of identity will be denied entry
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- May experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the venue
- Only very small bags are allowed
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.