Semi-Private Guided Tour of British Museum
On this 2 to 2.5 hour semi-private (8 Guest Maximum) guided museum tour visit one of the world’s largest collections of artifacts at the British Museum. Your engaging tour guide will take you through a curated selection of cultural and artistic works, sharing the history that will help you understand and appreciate a small portion of the 8 million items at the British Museum.
per adult from
120 to 150 minutes
What's included :
- Semi-Private Museum Tour
- Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Duration 2 - 2.5 Hours
What's excluded :
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- Temporary exhibitions NOT included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3DG England
Trade in paintings for mummies and historical artifacts on a tour of the British Museum. The enormous collection spans 6000 years of human history, featuring items from all over the world like Samurai armor and rare Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. Your guide will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museum’s galleries, discussing primitive tribes and fallen empires through a carefully chosen selection of items.
You’ll learn about the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone – the actual rock, not the language learning program. Walk away with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and hopefully you’ll be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Babylon Tours London, 80 Cathcart Road, London SW10 9DJ England
Say “Cheerio” to the dusty, stodgy tours of yesteryear. At Babylon Tours, our London is fresh and engaging – the one that you probably want to experience. Join us on a private or small group tour through the National Gallery and the British Museum or hit the streets through a historic tour of the center and (maybe) catch a glimpse of Kate or the rest of the royal family. Our young, energetic guides at Babylon Tours will introduce you to London in the best way possible, from Big Ben to the street art of its multicultural East End.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :The British Museum, Great Russell St, Bloomsbury, London WC1B 3DG, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is imperative that you provide us with guests MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (including country code)
- A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
- Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Notes: British Museum and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.