Semi-Private Secret Venice with Rialto market & Food and Wine Tour
Discover the side of Venice that many visitors don’t see on a leisurely paced, 2.5-hour walking tour, packed with historical anecdotes, quirky stories and little-known facts. With a local guide, knowledgeable about Venice’s past, you'll explore the Rialto Market and San Polo neighborhoods, crossing over the Grand Canal by gondola. Then enjoy a true taste of Italy with some Cicchetti (Venetian tapas) and a glass of wine at a local osteria.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Small group of maximum 16 people
- Light taste of cicchetti and wine
- Shared gondola to cross over the Grand Canal
- Entry/Admission - T Fondaco Dei Tedeschi
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ponte di Rialto, Ruga degli Orefici (Rialto) San Polo, 30125 Venice Italy
Learn all secrets of the Rialto Bridge, including those of the nearby buildings and listen to the fascinating history of mercantile Venice, when this area was one of the biggest Market places of the western world.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Mercati di Rialto, Campo della Pescaria Vicino il Ponte di Rialto, 30125 Venice Italy
Visit the picturesque Rialto Fish and Vegetable Market and learn how since the ninth Century this area was the financial and commercial centre of Venice. Enjoy also the visit to a typical osteria where you will taste some venitian cicchetti (Tapas) and wine.
Duration: 50 minutes
Pass By: Canal Grande, 30100 Venice Italy
Enjoy views of the Grand Canal while standing on the Rialto Bridge, and enjoy a Gondola ride as you cross the Grand Canal to reach the Famous Rialto Market.
Stop At: San Polo, San Polo, Veneto
Walk through the smallest and oldest part of Venice, having been settled since 9th Century.This district has been the site of Venice's main market since XI century. During the tour you will discover all secret corners of this enchanting area of Venice and revive the times when Venice was one of the most important commercial cities of the western world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: T Fondaco Dei Tedeschi, Calle del Fontego dei Tedeschi Rialto Bridge, 30124 Venice Italy
Learn about this historic building facing the Grand Canal, once the headquarters and living quarters of the German merchants. Complete your tour with a visit to the rooftop terrace, featuring an overwhelming view of Venice.
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Campo San Bortolomio, Campo S. Bortolomio, 30124 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. Please make sure to check your email prior departure.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves walking.
- During high water, the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.