Semi-Private Tour: Otavalo Half Day Tour
Meet an indigenous market and its crafts, Otavalo Market, the largest in America, where the indigenous people of the area, known as "Otavalos", one of Ecuador's most recognized ethnic groups, make and sell their textiles and handicrafts. The Plaza de los Ponchos is the scene of a great fair that is held every day with more affluence of sellers and buyers on Wednesdays and Saturdays. In this famous market you can find a great variety of articles, its main product being textiles, as well as artisanal production in clay, paint, wood, costume jewelery, ceramics, etc. Through this visit the guide will demonstrate the culture of the natives and passengers will have the opportunity to know about the custom of "haggling" which is a very common practice among Ecuadorian people.
In the SEMI-PRIVATE service, passengers use the same transport as passengers who are on the shared tour, but they will have a separate guide and will do the tour on their own.
per adult from
5 hours 50 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Professional Guide
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food & Drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Plaza De Los Ponchos Mercado, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
One of the most spectacular artisanal markets in all of South America.
The Plaza de los Ponchos is the scene of a great fair that is held every day with more affluence of sellers and buyers on Wednesdays and Saturdays. In this famous market you can find a great variety of articles, its main product being textiles, as well as artisanal production in clay, paint, wood, costume jewelery, ceramics, etc.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Fabrica de Bizcochos de Don Pedro., Bolivar y J.Montalvo, Cayambe 170202 Ecuador
Known for its delicious “Bizcochos de Cayambe”, a type of cracker or bread baked in a clay oven, greatly paired with local cheese (fresh artisan cheese wrapped in achira leaf, a plant in which the cheese is left to rest, giving it a unique and exquisite flavor) or caramel sauce (traditional in Latin America, also known as manjar or arequipe, elaborated based on caramelised milk).
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Hotel Kaia, Valladolid N24-742 y Julio Zaldumbide, Quito 170109, Ecuador
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick Up available from specific hotels, you can choose from any of the following list:Tuesday & Saturday: Patio Andaluz 7:00, Hilton Colon 7:15, Mercure Alameda 7:18, Reina Isabel 7:22, Río Amazonas 7:26, Nu House 7:29, Galeria Ecuador 7:32, Swissotel 7:40, NH Collection 7:40, KAIA 7:43, Holiday Inn 7:50, J.W. Marriott 7:52, Wyndham Garden 8:00, Dann Carlton 8:10, Le Parc 8:10, Sheraton 8:15.You must specify the name of the hotel in the booking process (any from the list). If you didn’t specify your hotel in the booking process, or if you put one that is not on this list, your meeting point will be at KAIA HOTEL (Valladolid N24-742 y Julio Zaldumbide) Tuesday, Wednesday & Saturday at 07:43.Remember to show up at the hotel at the time determined above or at the meeting point. There will be no refunds for not following the instructions mentioned here.
Departure Time :7:43 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- • The activities will not exceed 6 people per group. • The capacity of the means of transport will be reduced to 25% of their maximum capacity. • In the monuments, museums or attractions, the capacity will be reduced to 30% of its maximum capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.