Seoul Myeongdong Catholic Church Historic Private Walking Tour
Myeongdong is a must-visit place for tourists who visit Korea. Myeongdong is located at the heart of Seoul and famous for shopping with trendy beauty items, fashion, and tasty food. There is a Korean Catholic Church " Myeongong Cathedral " in the middle of. It has been 200 years that catholic was introduced by Korean Confucius scholars as a western study. But It became a religion and repressed by the government. Thus there are many Catholics were executed and martyred throughout the Korean history. It is 103 canonized and 124 beatified. Korean first community started on the site of Myeongdong cathedral. It built 1898 as a first brick church in Gothick style.
Underneath the church, there is a crypt for 7 saints name Bishop Imbert, Fr. Chastan, Fr. Maubant, Antonio Kim Sung-woo, Francisco Choi Gyeong-whan, and two unknown martyrs. All these 7 martyrs were executed at Saenamteo in 1839. The blood of saints nourished and fertilized Korean Catholic Church.
per adult from
What's included :
- 대면 가이드
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Myeong-dong Cathedral, 74 Myeongdong-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul 04537 South Korea
Highlights of Tour
- Introduction of Korean Catholic history
- The History of Myeongdong Cathedral
- Tour interior of the church and crypt
- Tour of Grotto of the Blessed Mother
- Tour of Statue of our Lady
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :74-3 Myeongdong-gil, Myeong-dong, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.