Seoul National Palace Museum of Korea Private Tour with Lunch Option
Enjoy a private tour of the National Palace Museum of Korea with your dedicated English-speaking guide. Learn about Korean culture and hear stories related to the Joseon dynasty. See over 45,000 collections from royal palaces and shrines and historical texts that were looted under Japanese rule. You also have the option to further your culture experience with a traditional local lunch to end your tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour guide
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - National Palace Museum of Korea
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Palace Museum of Korea, 12 Hyoja-ro, Jongno-gu, Seoul 03045 South Korea
The National Palace Museum opened in 1992 and displays relics from the Joseon Dynasty [1392~1910]. Over 20,000 royal relics from Gyeongbokgung Palace, Changdeokgung Palace, Changgyeonggung Palace and Jongmyo Shrine are on display. It also houses 1,200 volumes of historical texts, including 150 copies of Uigwe from the Joseon Dynasty that were looted in 1922, during rule by Japan under the supervision of then Resident-General of Korea Itō Hirobumi.
The museum promotes and preserves the culture of the Joseon Royal and Korean imperial court by collecting, conserving, researching and exhibiting the related relics. The museum also plays its role as a culturally core attraction within Gyeongbokgung in downtown Seoul. The museum also regularly offers Korean traditional performances.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Myeongga, 24-18, Chungmuro 1-ga, Seoul South Korea
After your museum visit, you can choose to enjoy a traditional lunch of Hwanghu Myeongga’s wonderfully healthy samgyetang (chicken ginseng soup). This is one of the most popular local dishes and is made by boiling ground grain and over 19 medicinal herbs in one big pot for about 28 hours, giving the soup its unusually deep and rich color. Not just a delicious meal, this samgyetang is packed with natural health benefits thanks to its special mix of medicinal herbs.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Cheongunhyoja-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A maximum of 4 people per group
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Tour start time is approximate and can be adjusted for traffic conditions and pick-up schedule
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.