Seven Rila Lakes Hike - private day tour from Plovdiv
Located above 2000 m. a. s. l. in the Rila Mountains National Park, The Seven Rila Lakes circus is the most popular trekking destination in Bulgaria revealing the outstanding natural beauty of the landscape and the gorgeous glacial lakes all around.
per adult from
11 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Chair lift return ticket (9 EUR per person)
- Food and drinks (please make sure you bring some food with you for a picnic at the Lake Peak)
- Spend an extraordinary hiking day within the Rila Mountains and more precisely within the boundaries of the Rila National Park.
Rila Mountains with highest peak Musala (2 925 m. a. s. l.) are the highest mountains in Bulgaria and on the Balkan Peninsula. It is the sixth highest in Europe as well. The name of the mountains is of Thracian origin and means “plenty of water”. The fact that Rila had twice been frozen has most influenced its landscape formation. The numerous circuses, well - formed glacial valleys, alpine mounts and more than 180 glacial lakes are certain proof of that. The tall coniferous trees of 50 - 60 metres and the rich animal world of bears, wolfs, imperial eagles, wild goats and many more are pure treasure.
Rila National Park is the largest of the 3 national parks in Bulgaria. Founded in 1993 the park contains rare and endangered wildlife species and communities, self-regulating ecosystems of biological diversity, as well as historic sites of global cultural and scientific significance. Some of the largest rivers in the Balkan Peninsula originate here.
The Seven Rila Lakes is the most popular trekking destination in Rila Mountains because of the outstanding beauty of the glacial lakes and the whole circus. The lakes are one of the 100 national tourist sites in Bulgaria as well. These mountain pearls are amphitheatrically situated one above the other as follows: The Tear (the highest one at 2535 m. a. s. l.), The Eye, The Kidney, The twins (the largest), The Trefoil, The Fish Lake and The Lower Lake (the lowest one at 2095 m. a. s. l.).
In the morning arrive at Pionerska hut at 1520 m. a. s. l. in Rila Mountains. Get on the chair lift to reach the Rila Lakes hut (2135 m. a. s. l.) at the top. Then do a loop hike in the circus of The Seven Rila Lakes in the boundaries of Rila National Park to discover the fascinating beauty of the glacial lakes and the towering peaks around. The first lake on the way is The Kidney followed by The Eye (the deepest circus lake in Bulgaria – 37, 5 m) and the highest one - The Tear (2535 m. a. s. l.). From the nearby Lake Peak one can enjoy the incredible panorama over all of the lakes, the Vitosha Mountain and the Balkan Range in the distant background. After lunch at the top continue exploring the rest of these mountain pearls by walking only downhill. The next one is the largest lake - The Twins, followed by The Trefoil, The Fish Lake and The Lower Lake which is the lowest and collects the waters from the other six lakes. The trek ends at the Rila Lakes hut again. Then board the chair lift to Pionerska hut and drive back to Plovdiv.
Trip duration: about 11.5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travelers are collected from any hotel (accommodation) or location within Plovdiv city
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Always contact the supplier before booking the tour as on certain dates chair lift might be closed for maintenance check
- Always contact the supplier to get information on how to get ready and what to bring with you on that hiking tour
- The hike takes place between 2135 and 2560 m. a. s. l.
- Total ascent: 425 m.
- Walking distance: 8.5 km.
- Hiking time: 5.5 h (including breaks)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.