Seven Sins of Amsterdam
Let’s be honest, Amsterdam does have a reputation. A city with red lights above the windows and the smell of weed in the street. For some it’s quite clear: Amsterdam is the Sin City. But how sinful are the Amsterdammers? In this walking our we’ll reveal the famous wrongdoings in town from past to present, following the 7 deadly sins: Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Pride and Envy.
Amsterdam has been attracting lots of different people for centuries. All in search for the freedom that the metropolis was known for. The question is: was there maybe too much freedom?
While you walk through the picturesque streets of the old centre, your guide will share the fascinating stories about the temptations in the city and the people that went astray.
Don’t think only of the obvious, since also Amsterdam has its secrets. Learn about the manic obsession that the Dutch once had with the beautiful tulip. And get to know the ghost Helena who is still haunting the medieval houses full of anger.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local city tax ( €1,50 p.p)
- Local tour guide
- Snacks - Chocolate and spice tasting
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam The Netherlands
Admire the impressive medieval city gate that used to be the entrance to Amsterdam. Hear stories about Amsterdam as a harbor city, with sailors looking for some fun and the ladies that could offer it.
Pass By: Zeedijk, Oudezijds Kolk to Nieuwmarkt, Amsterdam The Netherlands
The old sea wall is now part of China Town. In a narrow alley you can sometimes hear the ghost Helena that once confessed a sin to her husband.
Pass By: Cafe 't Mandje, Zeedijk 63, 1012 AS Amsterdam The Netherlands
A special spot in town with a legendary previous owner. It was the first café in the city that opened its door especially for gays and lesbians.
Stop At: Dollebegijnensteeg, 1012 GZ Amsterdam, Netherlands
Local chocolate tasting at Cacao & Spice Chocolate Shop.
Time to test your gluttony with the best chocolate in Amsterdam.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Condomerie, Warmoesstraat 141, 1012 JB Amsterdam The Netherlands
See hand painted and custom made condoms, because sometimes it’s better to be safe than sorry and why not have fun in the meantime?
Pass By: Beurs van Berlage, Damrak 243 Next to the Bijenkorf, 1012 Amsterdam The Netherlands
Learn how the Dutch once lost themselves in their love for the Tulip and how the first financial bubble was created.
Pass By: De Drie Fleschjes, Gravenstraat 18, 1012 NM Amsterdam The Netherlands
This was the first bodega in the city, where they still sell Jenever (Dutch Gin). This drink used to be very popular and is unique in its kind, even though the recipe was copied by our jealous neighbors in the UK.
Pass By: Dam Square, Amsterdam The Netherlands
In the heart of the city you can find some important landmarks, like the Royal Palace. The building was supposed to become the pride of the country. The old Catholic church right next to it wanted to be part of that, but things didn’t go as planned.
Pass By: Amnesia, Herengracht 133, 1015 BG Amsterdam The Netherlands
Learn more about the unusual policy that the Dutch have for selling drugs and the reason why smoke houses are called coffeeshops.
Stop At: Prinsengracht, Amsterdam The Netherlands
For the ones that got hungry. Try our favorite local delicacy in a typical Dutch restaurant. (Prins van Oranje)
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Nieuwmarkt 4, 1012 CR Amsterdam, Netherlands
Departure Time :4:30 PM
Return Detail :Prinsengracht 178, 1016 NB Amsterdam, Netherlands
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- During Covid-19 restrictions: - We offer free disinfectant hand gel. - Face Masks are available for purchase at the start of the tour (€ 1,50 - € 3,00), or bring your own. - Headphones are available for purchase at the start of the tour (€ 4,00 - € 5,00), or bring your own.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.