Seville Museum of Fine Arts Tour Including Tapas Lunch
Experience two of Seville’s famous exports – art and tapas – on a 3-hour morning tour, led by a friendly local guide! After exploring Seville Museum of Fine Arts (Museo de Bella Artes) and learning about its Renaissance and Baroque showpieces, visit a local tapas bar to enjoy a light lunch. Hear stories about Seville’s renowned art and tapas scenes while enjoying two plates of local delicacies with drinks.
per adult from
What's included :
- Art Historian
- 2 tapas dishes
- 2 drinks
- Entry/Admission - Museo De Bellas Artes De Sevilla
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (for children under 10 years old)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Museo De Bellas Artes De Sevilla, Plaza Museo 9, 41001 Seville Spain
Meet your guide near Seville Museum of Fine Arts – an impressive gallery housed in a 17th-century former convent. One of the most important exhibition spaces in Spain, the Museum of Fine Arts is filled with a vast collection of religious artwork, dating from medieval days to the 20th century. So head inside and let your guide show off the museum’s highlights on a 2-hour walking tour.
Gaze at masterpieces by Renaissance supremo El Greco, and learn about the artist’s colorful Mannerist style of painting. Works by eminent Baroque painters are also in abundance at the museum, so look out for gems by Zurbarán and Riberia as their works are given pride of place.
Stop to admire Murillo’s Virgin of the Napkin and Torrigiano’s Sculpture of Saint Jerome – two highlights of the museum – and learn about the key differences between the two artists’ styles of work. Whereas Murillo was Seville born and bred, Torrigiano hailed from Florence and his work is often likened to Michelangelo’s art.
After exploring the museum and learning about the different pieces of artwork, head outside and take a leisurely stroll to a nearby tapas bar. Enjoy up to two drinks (beer, wine or soft drinks) alongside two plates of tapas while chatting with your guide about art and food in Seville. Dishes vary on each occasion, but expect local specialties that are simple yet decadent.
Your tour finishes inside the bar, but you can stay inside for longer if you wish. Additional drinks and food are at your own expense.
Departure Point :Pl. del Museo, 9, 41001 Sevilla, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Alcoholic drinks not served to those under 18 years old; ID may be required
- No drinks and/or tapas are included for children under 10 years old
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.