Seville Roman Bike Tour
Join us on a fantastic 6-hour, off-road, guided bike tour to visit the Old Roman City of ITALICA, the first Roman Colonial City founded in “Hispania”, just 9km from Seville.
Escape the city and enjoy a beautiful morning riding a mountain bike along the River Guadalquivir and through the sunny countryside around Seville to discover the mystery of the ancient city of Italica. Your guide will take you to visit the Amphitheatre where the gladiators fought for glory, the Houses, the Theatre, the Thermal Baths and help you discover how the Romans used to live in this stunning site.
You will recoup energy with a 3-course traditional Spanish lunch before biking back to the centre along the river.
Your tour includes Mountain Bike, helmet, travel pack, basic accident insurance, entry fees and a 3-course lunch.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Bottled water
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Adventurous Appetites Tapas Tour, In front of the main door of the Archivo de Indias (between the door with the flags and the fountain, Seville Spain
Your tour starts at 10:00am at Bike Centre Sevilla in Los Jardines de Murillo (Paseo Catalina de Ribera s/n, 41004 Sevilla), where you will receive your bike, helmet and a snack and water pack. Your guide will be carrying a yellow Adventurous Appetites flier and will meet you at the door or the cafeteria so if you arrive early you can have a coffee.
Your expert local cycle guide will take you along some of the the best tracks between Seville and Italica, making brief stops to show you points of special interest.The route is 98% on bike path or dirt track (no traffic) and on the way you will also see the Monastery of San Isidro and Santiponce with the Roman theatre and baths. Your guide will explain the history and origins of Italica, and will guide you through some of the most impressive parts of the Roman archaeological complex (entrance fees included).
After a morning’s biking and sightseeing you will undoubtedly be starving!! We will refuel with a 3-course "Menu del Dia", or daily menu (Tue-Fri) or weekend menu (Sat-Sun), where you will have a wide choice from which to pick a starter, a main course (meat, fish or vegetarian) followed either by dessert or coffee, washed down by a Spanish wine, beer or soft drink. (NB: Additional food and drinks outside of the fixed menu are NOT included in the tour price.)
After lunch you will return to Seville along another route which will take you through fields and along the river arriving at the Bike Centre at about 16:00pm. Total actual ride time on your bike on this tour is 2 - 2 1/2 hours.
Your tour includes basic insurance (details on request) on provision of your ID details (names, date of birth, passport or national ID number) PLEASE NOTE We require all clients to provide us with their details at least 72 hrs before the start of the tour, otherwise we are unable to register you for insurance. If we have not received the details CLIENTS WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO OUR BASIC INSURANCE UNDER THEIR OWN RESPONSABILITY.
Other Inclusions: Mountain Bike, helmet, travel pack, entry fees and a 3-course lunch, guided bike tour
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Bike Center Sevilla, Paseo de Catalina de Ribera, 41004 Sevilla, Spain
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age 14yrs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Please do dress appropriately (padded cycling shorts if you have them), apply sunscreen liberally, and a hat and an extra bottle of water are good things to bring.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Passport name, number, and date of birth is required at time of booking for all participants in order to contract the basic accident insurance included in this tour (details on request). If this information has not been provided 72hrs before the start of the tour clients waive the right to this insurance.
- All passenger heights should be advised at time of booking in order to get the correct sized bike. If these details are not provided a medium sized bike will be provided.
- PLEASE NOTE CLIENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR HELMETS AT ALL TIMES WHILE CYCLING, OBEY ALL TRAFFIC SIGNALS AND INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE GUIDE.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.