Shakespeare's Globe Guided Tours with Optional Afternoon Tea
Step inside this faithful recreation of William Shakespeare’s iconic Globe theatre. Imagine it as it would have been at the centre of London’s notorious Bankside entertainment district.
Throughout the year our expert guides bring this extraordinary open-air theatre to life in a 40 minute guided tour, with colourful stories of the 1599 Globe, the reconstruction process in the 1990s and how the building works today as an imaginative and experimental theatre space. Take a seat ‘within this wooden O’ – listen, absorb and ask questions as the secrets of the Globe unfold.
Enjoy exciting live demonstrations in The Guided Tour Welcome and Demonstration Space at various times throughout the day, which include Elizabethan clothing dressings, stage fighting and printing the plays using a replica 17th century printing press.
Upgrade to enjoy a delicious 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'–themed afternoon tea at the theater's restaurant after your tour.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre (maximum 45 people)
- Tour and afternoon tea, if option selected
- Entry/Admission - Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, 21 New Globe Walk, London SE1 9DT England
Theatre ticket entrance
Departure Point :Shakespeare's Globe, 21 New Globe Walk, London SE1 9DT, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Tour takes 40 minutes, upon arrival you will join the next available tour, expected waiting time is half an hour.
- During the peak theatre season (Mid-April to Mid-October) there may be occasions when the Globe Theatre Tours are unavailable due to matinee performances and rehearsals taking place. When the Globe Theatre Tours are not available, Shakespeare's Southwark Tours may be offered instead.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- A paper voucher is required for this attraction/activity. You must print and bring your printed voucher with you on the day of the activity, as required by our local provider.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.