Shared 3 days tour From Marrakesh to Fes via Merzouga desert
Pickup point: from your accommodation
Time of departure: 7:00 AM
Duration: 3 days 2 nights
Highlights of the 3 days trip from Marrakech to Fes via Merzouga Desert:
• Drive across the High Atlas Mountains and Tizi N’Tichka pass
• Visit UNESCO World Heritage site Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
• Enjoy amazing scenery of the gorges Dades and Todra
• Drive along the Valley of the Roses and the road of 1001 Kasbahs
• Discover the city of Ouarzazate, considered the gate of the Sahara Desert
• Camel trek across the Merzouga Desert
• Spend the night in a Berber desert camp
• Drive along Ziz Valley
• Drive across an amazing cedar forest and the Middle Atlas Mountains
• Pass by the ski resort of Ifrane (the Switzerland of Morocco) and the Berber village Azrou
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Shared Minibus with A/C, fuel, travel taxes and tolls as per itinerary;
- Professional driver;
- Pick-up from your accommodation in Marrakech;
- Breakfast and dinner during the entire tour;
- Overnight accommodation during the entire tour;
- Camel trek in the Sahara and local Berber guides;
- Evening meal and entertainment at the desert camp;
- Accommodation for 1 night in Nomadic tents located in the desert;
- Different stops along the way to see important tourist attractions;
- Transfer to your accommodation in Fes.
What's excluded :
- Flights or other means of travel to and from Morocco;
- Extra transfers;
- Lunches, snacks and drinks, unless specified;
- Personal expenses and souvenirs;
- Personal travel and health insurance;
- Entrance fees to museums, monuments and other tourist attractions;
- Any other items or services not specified as included.
Day 1: Marrakech – Ait Ben Haddou – Ouarzazate – Valley of the Roses – Dades Gorge
The trip will begin with an early pick-up from your accommodation in Marrakech, at around 7 a.m. The journey will take you over the High Atlas Mountains, where we will cross the Tizi N’Tichka pass (2260 m in altitude). After several stops along the way, you will arrive to an important point of your trip where you will visit the UNESCO World Heritage site Ksar Ait Ben Haddou, which is the location of numerous Hollywood successful movies (Gladiator, Price of Persia, Game of Thrones, etc.) After lunch, we will be heading to Ouarzazate, known as “The Gate of the Sahara”.
We continue our trip to the most prominent of the oasis valleys that dominate southern Morocco, Dades Valley or “The Valley of One Thousand Kasbahs”, via the Valley of the Roses and the city of Skoura with its immense palm groves.
Day 2: Dades gorge – Tinghir - Todra gorge – Erfoud - Merzouga Desert
After having breakfast at the hotel, we will be heading to Tinghir and Todra gorge, at a 45 km distance from Dades gorge, where we will stop so you can enjoy the breathtaking landscapes of the oasis, with beautiful palm groves and amazing images with the Ksar Tinghir, also called the “Jewish Quarter”. We will continue our road by admiring one of the most spectacular canyons in the world, Todra, where you will enjoy a short walk around the area.
We continue our road towards the captivating dunes of Erg Chebbi, which are a part of the Merzouga desert. After we arrive at the hotel in Merzouga, you will prepare for a 90 minutes camel trek across the sand dunes, just in time to see how the color of the dunes changes under the fading light of the sunset. After arriving to the camp, where you will spend the night in nomadic tents, you will enjoy delicious traditional Moroccan food, next to a fire camp, while being entertained by local Berbers playing their drums.
Day 3: Erg Chebbi (Merzouga Desert) - Erfoud – Midelt – Azrou – Ifrane – Fes
Say goodbye to the rest of the group driving back to Marrakech and meet your new driver to Fes. After you’ve installed in your new van ( max of 6 passengers ), depart on a long drive to Fes crossing the Ziz Vlley through Errachidia which is the capital of Tafilalt region, and we continue to Midelt where we will have lunch at leisure before we keep driving across the Middle Atlas Mountians with its Cedar Forests and Berber towns of Imouzzar and Ifran. We arrive at Fes late in the afternoon.
Your shared Marrakech to Fes desert tour will end with a drop off at your Fes riad or hotel of your choice.
Departure Point :Free Hotel and Riad pick up in Marrakech .
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Drop-off at your accommodation in Fes at approximately 6pm
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not recommended for children under 5 years old
- Good walking shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended
- Drinking water is not provided by can be purchased along the way
- Accommodation at the desert camp will be in a private tent with shared bathroom facilities
- 3-star hotel accommodation is in single, double or twin rooms with private bathroom facilities
- Bedding is provided in the desert camp so there is no need to bring a sleeping bag
- Long trousers are recommended for the camel ride because the saddles can cause skin irritation
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.