Shared Equatorial Line Tour
Visit the middle of the world during this 3-hour tour to the equatorial line from Quito. Explore the Intiñan Museum to learn more about how the line was discovered before heading to the Middle of the World Monument (Ciudad Mitad del Mundo), where you can stand with one foot in each hemisphere.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees $8
- Food and Drinks
- Entry/Admission - Intinan Museum
- Entry/Admission - Mitad Del Mundo
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Intinan Museum, Autopista Manuel Cordova Galarza, a 200 metros del redondel de la Mitad del Mundo, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
Meet your specialized guide at the designated spot by the operator in the city of Quito at 2pm to begin the 45-minute drive to the first stop on the tour, the Intiñan Museum, where you will learn about how Ecuador's equatorial line was discovered during the 18th century.
Stop At: Mitad Del Mundo, Avenida Manuel Cordova Galarza KM. 13/5, San Antonio de Pichincha, Quito 170180 Ecuador
Next head to the Middle of the World Monument (Ciudad Mitad del Mundo), an iron and concrete structure marking the division between the northern and southern hemispheres. Snap a photo with one foot on each half of the world and buy some souvenirs in the local shops.
Food, drinks, and entrances to the museum and monument are on their own.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Quito, Quito, Pichincha Province
Traveler pickup is offered
In this map you will find a selected radius, but if you are staying in Quito urban area, just let us know your hotel to arrange the pick up.
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is warm clothing and confortable shoes
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.