Shimoda Ropeway Ticket
With this ticket, take an aerial lift up Mount Nesugata and back on the Shimoda Ropeway, also called the Nesugatayama Ropeway. Travel 1,172 feet (540 meters) to the Nesugata Observatory in about three minutes. At the top, there’s a souvenir shop, restaurant, and panoramic views of the harbor. From there, a short walk leads to a nature park and pavilion-style temple. Rides operate every 15 minutes until late afternoon.
per adult from
1 to 2 hours
What's included :
- Round-trip ticket for Shimoda Ropeway
- Entry/Admission - Mount Nesugatayama Observatory
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: Mount Nesugatayama Observatory, 1-3-2 Higashihongo, Shimoda 415-0035 Shizuoka Prefecture
The Shimoda Ropeway starts the trip up Mount Nesugata from Sanroku station, a short walk towards the river from Izukyu-Shimoda station. Your ticket grants a round-trip journey up the mountain and back. Rides up begin at 8:45am and operate every 15 minutes until 4:15pm.
Once you’ve made the 3-minute journey over the Inouzawa River and up the mountain, you have options. Visit the souvenir shop and restaurant at Nesugatayama station. Alternately, a pathway least through a mountaintop park to the Renjo Photo Memorial. Along the way, stop at the Aizendo pavilion-style temple, or take in views of the harbor and Izu Islands in the distance.
Departure Point :Mount Nesugatayama Observatory, 1-3-2 Higashihongo, Shimoda 415-0035 Shizuoka Prefecture
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- For customers' safety, operation may stop due to strong wind. In this case, please consult with the person at the ticket booth
- Operating hours are from 8:45am - 4:45pm with the final ride being 4:15pm. Please note that rides operate every 15 minutes (:00, :15, :30, and :45 minutes of the hour). Upward and downward cars operate at the same time
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Constant ventilation by opening the windows of the gondolas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.