Shivapuri Full Day Guided Trek from Kathmandu
This Full day Shivapur guided trek through a BudhaNilkantha Temple tour from Kathmandu Provide you great opportunity to explore one of the largest statues of Hindu God 'Vishnu' With an easy and interesting day trek to Shivpuri national park on the 2732 meter altitude to see the breathtaking view of Himalayas.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Shivapuri National Park fees
- Afternoon tea
- All the private transport in necessary places
- Professional tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Drinks (Unless Specified)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- The Shivpuri national park is located in the northwest part of Kathmandu. It is approximately 13 km from the city. It is the second highest hill near the Kathmandu valley at approximately 2732 altitude.
Take a full day hike in Shivapuri National Park. On this trip, you will observe the beauty of the area's greenery surroundings to the top of the Shivapuri hill. It is best for those visitors who don't have the time or no interest to go for longer trekking. The hill is full of natural beauty, a paradise for bird watchers lovers. Inside the forest, can find more than 500 species of animals.
In the morning around 8 am, you will be picking at your hotel by driver and guide. After 20 minutes driving will arrive the Budhhalinkantha temple. This is the famous pond temple with large approx 30 feet statue of the reclining Vishnu god.
After there, the driver will take up the hill near the gate of Shivapuri National Park. This forest area is under government protection. From here we will start our full day hike.
Be ready to climbs stairs and natural trail consist of stone steps. It is a steep uphill hike along narrow trails that gradually lead up to Shivapuri. Continue on to pass by the starting point of the Bagmati River, and your surroundings will beckon you to rest and enjoy the beauty of the forest. Slowly and gently lead up to the peak. On the way, can find Nagigumba, the only ladies monastery where nuns can practice Buddhism. Also, the foreigners often visit for meditation.
Finally, you will reach the peak, from where can see the Lang tang Mountain Range and whole Kathmandu valley. You can enjoy your lunch over here. Leisurely walk around for a short time before taking the short cut downhill to back and again a car will take you back your Kathmandu hotel in 20minuts by car around the 5:00 pm.
Departure Point :Your Hotel or Accommodation in the Kathmandu Valley
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Return to original departure point or in your favorite place inside a Kathmandu.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 8 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.