Shivapuri Hill Hike | Hike for Nepal
Being positioned in the Northern part of Kathmandu valley, Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park lies about 12 kilometers away from the center of the capital city. The Shivapuri hill is the second highest hill near Kathmandu valley at an altitude of 2563m.
It entails the origination point of revered rivers such as Bagmati and Bishnumati. Sprawled over the total area of 159 Sq.km. with dense forests, the park is home to 177 species of birds, including at least 9 threatened species, 102 species of butterflies with a number of rare and endangered species, and 129 species of mushroom. Several surveys have recorded the existence of Indian Leopards, Himalayan Black bears, deer, wild boar and many other precious animals in the park. Shivapuri is also one of the famous bird watching sites around Kathmandu valley, which records over 170 species of the birds.
This escape can be the right one if you are planning to witness rich vegetation within near length from the Valley. Book this trip with us.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Nagi Gumba
- Entry/Admission - Baghdwar
- Entry/Admission - Shivpuri Nagarjun National Park
What's excluded :
- Extra Expenses are excluded.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Nagi Gumba, Budhanilkantha 44606, Nepal
This Gumba is our first stopover from where we can overlook most parts of the Kathmandu Valley.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Baghdwar, Gokarneshwor 44900, Nepal
This is the place where the holy Bagmati River originates, which flows by the Pashupatinath Temple. As the name suggests, "Baag Dwar", it is the major source of Bagmati, amidst the rich vegetation inside Shivapuri National Park.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Shivpuri Nagarjun National Park, 44600, Nepal
It is the highest altitude which is around 2700m from the sea level. It indicates the highest part of Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Paknajol Marg 26, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Traveler pickup is offered
We will be picking up our travelers from anywhere in Kathmandu Valley. Airports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :10:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.