Shivapuri Loop: Full Day Mountain Bike Tours in Kathmandu
Looking for a Mountain Biking tour in Kathmandu, then Shivapuri Loop is the best option for you. This small-group day trip mountain biking is not only an exceptionally inspiring play ground for riders with any level of experience and fitness but also takes you to the ancient temple and sacred sites of Budhanilkantha and stunning panoramas of the Himalayas and locals.
• Observe the magnificently carved stone idol of sleeping Vishnu from the outer periphery of the pond at Budhanilkantha
• Sharing tea with local farmers on their rooftops in the mountains
• Soaking in hot springs on the roof of the world
• Tracks and trails of the Kathmandu Valley by bike
• Enjoy technical challenges along jungle roads
• Get panoramic views of the giants of the Nepalese Himalayas
• Choose a route to suit your techical ability
• Meet the villagers of the Newar and Tamang people
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Mountain bike and helmet rental
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Expert biking tour guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- We Start our trip starts from Thamel, ride 30 minutes to Budhanilkantha Temple, just 8 kms north of Kathmandu.Then we enter the Shivapuri National park about 8 km uphill good road. Shivapuri is one of the best destinations for cycling and the hike for the cyclist is speculated to lessen the number of cyclists in the park which was announced 12 years ago.
After registering at the Shivapuri National Park entry gate, following the valley rim we then push our way on single-track uphill through thick forest of Shivapuri Reserve towards Nagi Gompa, This spot is great for bird watching, a Buddhist nun's monastery and on a clear day, you may be able to see the snow-capped Himalayas! Enjoy meeting the villagers of the Newar and Tamang people and appreciate your packed lunch (included in the cost).
Once you’ve snapped some unforgettable photos, descend down the hill and continue riding 1 hour through the woodlands, past waterfalls and out of the forest until you reach Sundarijal, where you’ll visit a local bazaar, there are numerous waterfalls to see and a few caves.
From Sundarijal we continue via multi track to Gokarna and then ride single track to Kapan Monastery where you'll see a Buddhist Monastery in the Tibetan tradition that these Lamas came with their first Western students in 1969. From Kapan we'll ride back to ending point and the end of the tour you will transferred back to your hotel.
Departure Point :From your hotel at Kathmandu
Departure Time :8am daily
Return Detail :To your Hotel at Kathmandu
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please bring drinking water, a camera, a sunhat, sunscreen
- Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes for cycling
- Minimum age is 15 years
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.