Shivapuri National Park Day Hike with Local Guide
If you are looking easy to moderate day hike nearby Kathmandu, the hike around Shivapuri National park makes for a perfect day hike. The Shivapuri National Park takes hikers through a shaded forest that is home to more than 4-5 hundred native species of Plants and animals. Shivapuri National Park is one of the nearest national park in Kathmandu, Valley.
The starting point is Muhan Pokhari, from where the trail continues steady up into the forest along the rugged but drivable road through pine and cherry jungle up to Nagi Gompa within one and half hours, where a nunnery monastery is located. From there, a gently level trail leads us to Tarebhir Tamang village through the dense forest and a continuous easy walk to Mulkharka Village. After having tea break, we continue descend about 1000 meters to sundarijal, from where we drive back to our Hotel by private Car.
per adult from
30 to 60 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private Car Transportations from Hotel to Mohan Pokhari, Budhanilkantha
- Local reliable guide for whole,his food and Pay
- Private vehicle from sundarijal ( Hike end place) to Hotel drop off
- Simple Lunch during hike & Entrance fees for Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park
What's excluded :
- Gratuities, Snacks and drinks
- Please provide us your hotel name and Locations. Our company local guide will pick you up at your hotel. Also our private car driver will be standby to drop off your hiking starting point.
Our Guide will be holding your name printed on A4 Size paper and our company name Guide Nepal holidays PVT. LTD at the hotel lobby. They will take you to your Muhan Pokhari, Budhanilkantha by Private Car to start your day hike.
06:30 AM- 7:30 AM – finish your Breakfast at Hotel
7:30 AM Guide will Pickup at Hotel & drive to Mohan Pohari, Budhanilkantha (8kms, approx. 30 minutes)
08:00 - Start hiking from south side of Shivapuri to reach Nagi gompa
It takes Approx. 2hours Hike to Nagi Gompa, Meet and chat with local nuns then walk towards to Sundarijal, Lunch en route
10:30-1:30 Hike to Mulkarka Village, gently level walk trail
1:30- 15:00 descend to Sundarijal Bazzar
16:00 – 17:00 get back to your hotel
Above time is calculated based one average hikers. times always depends on your fitness level and walking speed.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please provide us your hotel name and Locations. Our company local guide will pick you up at your hotel. Also our private car driver will be standby to drop off your hiking starting point.
Departure Time :7:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.