Shoe-bill Stock Excursion - Bird Watching Day Tour
Our Shoe-bill Stock Excurison - Bird watching day tour takes you to Mabamba Swamp, one of the best places in Uganda to spot the highly sought-after shoe-bill stocks in their natural habitat. Regularly featured on tourism brochures, these appealingly grotesque birds look like they’ve crawled straight out of the Mabamba swamp birding tour (which they literally have), with their out-of-proportion features and massive dirty-yellow bill that resembles an old battered shoe. Bird-watching is mostly via canoe, where you’ll navigate waterways comprising lily pads and papyrus swamp.
per adult from
3 to 6 hours
What's included :
- All as mentioned in the Itinerary
What's excluded :
- All that's not mentioned in the Itinerary
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mabamba Swamp, Uganda
Early pick up from your hotel within Entebbe or Kampala and drive to the harbor to enter the boat. The boat has life-vests. Boat-ride across the lake with beautiful view of Entebbe airport, fishermen and lots of birds, especially on approaching the swamps.
At Mabamba or Bussi we disembark the bigger boat and enter the smaller canoes for the Mabamba Swamps birding tour. The canoes will take a maximum of 5 persons excluding the driver and guide.
After some minutes in the canoe, the papyrus reads opens up into the big grassy swamps. Most of the times this is where the Shoe-bill can be spotted and other bird species.
After about two-three hours it is time to return out of the swamps and shift to the bigger boat/ vehicle for your journey back to Entebbe.
End of Mabamba Swamp Birding tour
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free pick up from Entebbe and Kampala and any other destination is at a cost
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.