Shore Excursion: Connemara Sea Kayaking Adventure from Cleggan
Get off the beaten track and into a sea kayak at Bundouglas in Connemara for an unforgettable experience. Explore the Wild Atlantic Way from the salty waves as you set off on this exciting adventure. Expect to see stunning sea caves and arches created over hundreds of years by the power of the ocean, a variety of marine life and perhaps even a dolphin!
Our guides will bring you safely in and around the stunning Connemara coast and coves and magnificent cliffs near Cleggan Head. All necessary equipment is provided including sit-on-top kayaks, paddles, wetsuits, buoyancy aids and snorkelling gear. All you need to bring is your swimming togs, a towel and a pair of trainers you don’t mind getting wet. And perhaps a waterproof camera.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided half-day sea kayaking
- Sea kayaks and paddles
- Wet suit and buoyancy aids
- Snorkeling gear
What's excluded :
- Own transport required to meeting point in Cleggan.
- Participants younger than 8 years of age.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wild Atlantic Way The Atlantic Coast of Ireland, Galway Ireland
Experience kayaking into unique sea caves in Connemara, through sea arches and visit the local salmon farms and see the variety of marine wildlife in the mighty Atlantic Ocean.
You have a choice between morning and afternoon sessions. For the session meet at the agreed destination point (directions and maps will be supplied after booking) at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. This will give you time to meet the other participants and to change into wet suit and buoyancy aid for the trip. The group will then set off under the leadership of an experienced guide.
You will be provided with all the necessary equipment including sit on top kayaks, paddles, wet suits, buoyancy aids and snorkeling gear. All you need to bring are your swimming togs, a towel and a pair of trainers you don’t mind getting wet.
Your guide will take you to see magnificent scenery from a sea level view. Depending on which location is chosen for the day this could include sea caves and arches and pristine white sandy beaches. Close encounters with wild life are also common features including, dolphins, seals and the occasional basking shark!
After approximately two hours on the water the group will return to the departure point to change and exchange stories about their kayaking adventure!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Ardkyle, Co. Galway, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sea kayaking is weather dependent. Conditions are variable and the session might be cancelled at short notice or aborted while on the water due to deteriorating weather. The Group Leader will take the final decision on the day. Please provide a contact number. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Minimum of 2 participants are required to proceed.
- Participants must be 8 years of age or older and be competent swimmers.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Participants are advised to wear life jackets when on or close to water.
- Please advise guide of any and all medical conditions before particpating in the activity.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Participants must be competent swimmers.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.