Shore Excursion: Connemara Wild Atlantic Way Sea Kayaking Adventure
Come explore the wilds of the Connemara coastline along the majestic Wild Atlantic Way, on this invigorating half-day guided scenic kayak tour. Experience kayaking into unique sea caves in Connemara, through sea arches and visit the local salmon farms and see the variety of marine wildlife in the mighty Atlantic Ocean. Witness the outstanding surrounding scenery, sea life, white sandy beaches and crystal clear water ideal for kayaking and snorkeling. Snorkeling gear is available so you can have a look for yourself at the beauty of the under water world. If you’re lucky you may get to see the seals or dolphins swimming below!
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided half day sea kayaking
- Sit on top kayaks and paddles
- Wet suit and buoyancy aid
- Snorkeling gear
What's excluded :
- Own transport required to meeting point in Bundouglas.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ballynew Bay Beach, Bundouglas, Irska, Co. Galway, Ireland
Experience kayaking into unique sea caves in Connemara, through sea arches and visit the local salmon farms and see the variety of marine wildlife in the mighty Atlantic Ocean.
You have a choice between morning and afternoon sessions. For the session, meet at the agreed destination point (directions and maps will be supplied after booking) at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time. This will give you time to meet the other participants and to change into wet suit and buoyancy aid for the trip. The group will then set off under the leadership of an experienced guide.
You will be provided with all the necessary equipment including sit-on-top kayaks, paddles, wet suits, buoyancy aids, and snorkeling gear.
Your guide will take you to see magnificent scenery from a sea level view. Depending on which location is chosen for the day, this could include sea caves and arches and pristine white sandy beaches. You might even catch sight of wildlife such as dolphins, seals, and the occasional basking shark.
After approximately two hours on the water the group will return to the departure point to change and exchange stories about their kayaking adventure.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Ardkyle, Co. Galway, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Sea kayaking is weather dependent. Conditions are variable and the session might be cancelled at short notice or aborted while on the water due to deteriorating weather. The Group Leader will take the final decision on the day. Please provide a contact number. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Minimum of 2 participants are required to proceed.
- Medical details - please supply any medical conditions we should be aware of. This information will help the guides properly prepare for the sea kayaking session.
- Participants must be 8 years of age or older and competent swimmers.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please wear a life jacket when on or close to water.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.