Shore Excursion: Copenhagen Highlights and Christiansborg Palace
The Copenhagen Highlights Tour is an excellent way to pack in a lot of sightseeing in just 5 hours, with the added benefit of commentary and insight by your local guide. The tour consists of a panoramic driving tour with photo stops, an inside visit to Christiansborg Palace, and some free time for shopping.
This is a great tour for those wanting a nice introductory tour to Copenhagen with some free time as well.
If Copenhagen is your cruise's last port, you can request luggage storage space on the bus during your tour and a drop-off at the central train station, with good and easy connections to most downtown hotels or the airport.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transfer to and from cruise harbour
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional and personable English-speaking guide
- Entrance fee to Christiansborg Palace (or Amalienborg if Christianborg is closed to the main public)
- Entry/Admission - Christiansborg Palace
- Entry/Admission - Stroeget
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Copenhagen Central Station, Bernstorffsgade 16, Copenhagen 2004 Denmark
Our day begins with the sightseeing portion of the tour, first making our way towards the center of Copenhagen. There are numerous sights concentrated along the scenic shoreline that will give you a charming overview of Viking nation’s culture, history, and architecture.
Stop At: The Little Mermaid, Langelinie, Copenhagen 2100 Denmark
Right on the waterline, one of your first stops will be H.C. Andersen’s bathing odalisque, The Little Mermaid.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Amalienborg palace square, Copenhagen 1257 Denmark
The fairytale-like atmosphere of the shoreline is further experienced at your next stop at the impressive square of Amalienborg Palace, residence of the Danish Royal Family.
Duration: 20 minutes
Pass By: Copenhagen Opera House, Ekvipagemestervej 10, Copenhagen 1438 Denmark
You will also be able to follow the development of what was once the city’s medieval defence system to an architecturally beautified area boasting the Opera House across the water.
Pass By: Rosenborg Castle, Oster Voldgade 4A, Copenhagen 1350 Denmark
One of the most appealing ensembles of lush greenery and grand structures is the Rosenborg Castle, which you see on your way towards the modern town center.
Pass By: Tivoli Gardens, Vesterbrogade 3, Copenhagen 1630 Denmark
We will then pass by the city center’s highlights of the Town Hall Square and Tivoli Gardens onto an islet in the middle of the town, home to Christiansborg Palace.
Stop At: Christiansborg Palace, Prins Jørgens Gård 5, 1218 København, Denmark
Inside visit and tour of Christianbourg Palace and the Royal Reception Rooms. The impressive complex houses the Danish Parliament, The Supreme Court and Prime Minister’s Offices. The truly memorable charm of the castles multifaceted character comes out when visiting The Royal Reception Rooms. The Queen’s Tapestries lining the walls are a modern day interpretation of not only the local culture and history, but also of the world’s challenges over the last century.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Hoejbro Plads, Copenhagen Denmark
After the visit, you will continue on foot toward Hojbro Plads, the heart of historic Copenhagen. There will be some free time to explore on your own, shop, or take a rewarding coffee break.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stroeget, Stroget, Copenhagen Denmark
Continuation of the walking tour through old town, including the world's longest pedestrian street Stroget.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :1: Oceankaj, København, Denmark
2: Langeliniekaj 2, 2100 København, Denmark
3: Baltikavej 30, 2150 København, Denmark
Traveler pickup is offered
Please look for your exact TOUR STARTING TIME that we send via Viator's message system. Note that the gathering time is 15 minutes prior to the starting time that we sent you.If you come out from the ship much earlier, or the ship has arrived earlier than scheduled, do not worry. The guide might have not arrived yet.Emergency phone number to call +372 5900 5151. If you cannot find our representative or guide, PLEASE CALL and you will be advised how to reach the meeting point and guide.Ports
- Oceankaj, 2150 København, Denmark
- Langeliniekaj 2, 2100 København, Denmark
- Copenhagen Freeport, Baltikavej 30, 2150 Nordhavn, Denmark
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- In case of official functions in Royal Reception Rooms on the day of the visit, the Christiansborg Palace visit will be replaced with a visit to Rosenborg Palace & Treasury.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour is not recommended for wheelchair passengers, and if a wheelchair user decides to participate he/she must have a personal helper to assist in boarding/disembarking the vehicle, and entering the restrooms and restaurant, and all sites. At certain locations, a wheelchair user may not be able to exit the bus, and may have to stay inside the bus.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 26 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.