Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia Port to Ostia & Cerveteri with Private Driver
This day excursion is designed for those who wish to go back in to the ancient times by visiting Ostia, with a private guide and Cerveteri, one of the most important Etruscan sites in the world.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide (in Ostia, for 2 hours)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fee to the archeological sites
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ostia Antica, Ostia Antica, Province of Rome, Lazio
Nowadays, Ostia Antica is a large archaeological site. Located just 19 miles (30 km) west of Rome and on the River Tiber. During ancient Rome it was one of the most thriving cities in the region thanks to its status as Rome’s harbour city.
After the collapse of the Empire, the city fell into decadence, was eventually abandoned and remained untouched and magnificently preserved for centuries.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
The archaeological site still houses the remains of most of the city’s buildings before it was abandoned.
Ostia’s main arterial street, called Decumanus Maximus in Roman cities, cuts through the whole city, while the arcades on both sides of the street show the houses and shops which once thrived here. There are also taverns, inns, shops, public baths and a large reconstructed theatre, which is still used during the summer.
The harbour city had a very cosmopolitan population, visible thanks to a Jewish synagogue, a Christian Basilica and the 18 temples dedicated to the Persian god Mithra.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Cerveteri, Cerveteri, Province of Rome, Lazio
A quiet provincial town 35km northwest of Rome, Cerveteri is home to one of Italy's great Etruscan treasures – the Necropoli di Banditaccia. This ancient burial complex, now a Unesco World Heritage Site, is all that remains of the formidable Etruscan city that once stood here.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Civitavecchia Port, Piazza Vittorio Emanuele, 19, 00053 Civitavecchia RM, Italy
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Hands must be washed frequently with soap and water or with an alcohol-based gel • Do not share food or drinks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.