Shore excursion from Villefranche to Nice & Chateau de Crémat wine tasting
Our guide welcomes you in the port of Villefarnche sur Mer right after your disembarkment and that’s when you land in our caring hands for five following hours. As this is a private tour, your schedule may vary as the whim takes you and the guide would be happy to respect all your preferences.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
• From the port you’ll drive by the sea climbing to the top of majestic hill of Mont Boron. That’s where you’ll see XV-century stronghold that used to protect the bay of Villefranche. Stoning view over the bay, the village and surrounding hills will leave you breathless for a little while – in a clear winter day you may even see Corsica island from there. From the other side of the Mont Boron you’ll experience the greatest panorama of Nice itself and far more, the way birds can see it. Unforgettable rendez-vous with major city of French Riviera.
• When getting to Nice will drive by the one and only Promenade des Anglais – famous boulevard along the Bay of Angels, between the airport of Nice Cote d’Azur and its Port Lympia. With all the greatest hotels by, not to mention the majestic Negresco among them – a real pearl of belle-epoque archirecture.
• Our next stop would take place in front of St Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral - the largest Eastern Orthodox cathedral in Western Europe.
• Shortly after, you’ll start getting out of Nice and approach the hilly district of vineyards de Bellet with its center point – real medieval castle, Chateau de Cremat. The place rememebers the times of Roman empire and these were the Romans who started cultivating vineyards around there. English speaking guide would tell you about the wine production and finally you’ll also enjoy the ceremonial wine tasting (additional fees apply). You would also learn the untold story of mystyrious connections of the place with the Coco Channel herself… truly French experience
• Some 20 minutes driving away, you will land at the real rustic and agriculture wine maker’s – Saint Jeanette. The host would explain the wine making and proper storing process, plus how some of the wines turn into stronger liquids. Local art is also to be involved and that will make an unforgettable experience – especially if you decide to taste the drinks offered (additional fees apply)
• On your way back you will stop again in Nice, this time in its Old Town, the vibrant Massena Square, next to the statue of Apollo. From there you’ll enjoy walking around the heart of Old Nice. Must-see spots like Cours Saleya – incredible flower market that turns out into Mediterranean food court in the evenings as well as the surroundings baroque streets next to the Opera building reflected in the paintings of Matisse still proudly holding the mood of Napoleon era. Just few steps away you may see the Nice Cathedral of Saint Reparata built in XVII century and hear the story of the mythical martyr girl, the patroness of the cathedral.
• From there to Villefranche you’ll travel on the beautiful road by the sea.
Departure Point :Сruise port of Villefranche
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Сruise port of Villefranche
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.