Shore Excursion: Half-Day Anahulu Cave and Cultural Tour
Become acquainted with the fascinating Tongan culture and traditions on this half day tour. Visit the Anahulu Cave Ancient Tonga Cultural Centre where a variety of interesting exhibits provide an insight into the local culture. You will be welcomed with a Kava Ceremony and you will also discover the intricacies of tapa cloth making and mat weaving. You will also learn how to coconut is used in everyday Tongan life with a demonstration of coconut climbing and husking.
per adult from
What's included :
- Half-day tour
- Light refreshments (tropical fruits available in season)
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Your half-day tour will begin with a pickup from your accommodation on the Island of Tongatapu. From here, head to the East Coast of Tonga, the largest part of Tongatapu. Stop at Captain Cook Landing, where the great English explorer landed on the 30th of April 1777.
Your next historical stop is the Langi, the burial tomb of ancient Tongan Kings. The construction of the tombs at Lapaha are considered engineering wonders and date back to 1300BC. The ancient royal tombs (Langi) at Lapaha on Tongatapu are one of the great ceremonial sites of the Pacific. The Lapaha tombs symbolise the association between political and spiritual power that was held by royalty and high-chiefs in the Pacific.
Stop at Anahulu Cave, also known as the ‘The Underground Swimming Pool’, situated at the village of Haveluliku. This cavern processes some of the most remarkable limestone and deep freshwater pools. You will be provided with a guide and torches or candle lights to light your way around the cave. Appropriate footwear is essential.
The highlight of your half-day tour is a visit to the Anahulu Ancient Tonga Cultural Centre which is situated in the vicinity next to Anahulu Cave. A tour of the centre will give you an insight to the Tongan Culture. A traditional welcoming ceremony will be conducted in which you will experience and even participate in a Kava Ceremony which is followed by live demonstrations of tapa cloth making and mat weaving and other various exhibits on display at the center.
Once your half-day tour is complete you will be taken back to your hotel safely.
Departure Point :Vuna Wharf, Tonga, 島
Traveler pickup is offered
Pls note we will have a sign with your name on it and there's a designated place where we will wait for yous pls be patient Ports
- Vuna Wharf, Tonga, 島
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.