Shore Excursion: Private Full-day Beach Horseback Riding Excursion from Cleggan.
On this private experience you will ride out from the stables, through a picturesque fishing village either towards Selerna Beach, a scenic, crescent-shaped stretch of sand or takes you on a ride to Omey Island punctuated by historical sites, wild rugged landscapes and islands flung out to sea. Sequence of rides depends on the tide times on the day.
Choose your own pace across this quiet Wild Atlantic Way shoreline. Spending time appreciating the ocean views and islands beyond before turning back along the back roads, taking in the beautiful Irish countryside. Ride past green fields and appreciate the fauna and flora that make up this Irish landscape, with the mighty Twelve Bens mountain range as its backdrop. Depending on your level of experience you can canter or gallop across the white strand. Novices are kept safely in walk and trot.
There will be a short assessment before leaving with up to 2 guides depending on the number in the group and the level of experience.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Riding gear such as hats and boots
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Omey Island, Claddaghduff Ireland
After arriving in Cleggan village (transport not included) customers are advised to make their way to the riding centre at the entrance of Cleggan village, where you will present your voucher at reception. Then you will gear up for the ride - hats and boots will be supplied by the riding centre. Make sure you bring appropriate rain and wind gear.
In the arena you will meet your guides and your horse for the day and the guides will make sure that you feel comfortable and safe.
After a short assessment you will leave for the first pony trek towards the beautiful Omey Beach and Omey Island. The guide will lead you offroad, where you will pass Courthoor Lough and you can see some famous Connemara Ponys in the fields.
Arriving in Claddaghduff, you are right on the Wild Atlantic Way and you will make your way to one of the Wild Atlantic Way Signature Points - Omey Island, which is a designated Special Area of Conservation. On the beautiful Omey Beach you have the chance to take pictures and depending on your level of experience you can canter or gallop across the white strand. Novices are kept safely in walk and trot. Then you cross Omey Beach the guide leads you to the other side of Omey Island, where you have a fantastic view over the wild Atlantic. Then you make your way back to Omey Beach, where the horses can cool themselves while riding through the sea.
After this you depart Omey Beach and rideback to the riding centre and dismount.
A recommended meal stop would be the Oliver's - Cleggan village's famous Seafood Bar overlooking the harbour (lunch at own expense).
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Selerna Beach, Unnamed Road, Knockbrack, Co. Galway, Ireland
The guide lead you through the village towards Selerna Beach. It is a scenic cresent shape sandy beach, which looks towards Inishbofin Island to the west and the mouth of Cleggan Bay to the east. Stroll, trot or gallop across this quiet WIld Atlantic Way shoreline. There is a megalithic wedgetomb up on the field to the right of the beach. Spend some moments appreciating the Atlantic Ocean and islands beyond, before turning back along the backroads with its many horses, cows and sheep in the fields and the magnificient Twelve Bens mountain range in the background.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Cleggan Court Tomb, Cleggan, Co. Galway, Ireland
Passby some ancient history on your ride around this beautifulpart of the world!
Departure Point :Cleggan Beach Riding Centre, Trean, Cleggan, Co. Galway, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please advise of your riding experience i.e. beginners, intermediate (10 years plus regular riding) or advanced (15 years plus regular riding)?
- In the interest of animal welfare the max rider weight is 90kg/200lbs
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.