Shore Excursion: Private Wild Atlantic Way Omey Beach Horseback Ride, Cleggan
Spend an unforgettable day exploring Omey island and beach in Connemara on horseback. Your guide will introduce you the thrill of beach horse riding along the Wild Atlantic Way on this popular 2.5 hour equestrian escape. This private experience which starts at our renowned stables, Depending on your level of experience you can canter or gallop across the white strand. Novices are kept safely in walk and trot. takes you on a ride to Omey Island that is punctuated by dramatic land and seascapes, historical sites, wild rugged landscapes and islands flung out to sea.
Our riding stables are Connemara’s premier beach trekking centre, and this trek is suitable for beginner to advanced riders. There will be a short assessment before leaving with up to 2 guides depending on the number in the group and the level of experience. Available every day of the year. Pax: Min 1, Max 10.
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Helmets and boots are available at the riding centre
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from Cleggan village
- Riders exceeding a weight limit of 90kgs/200lbs.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Omey Island, Claddaghduff Ireland
After arriving in Cleggan village (transport not included in this package), please make your way to the riding center at the entrance of Cleggan village, where you will present your voucher at reception. Then you will gear up for the ride; hats and boots will be supplied by the riding center. Make sure you bring appropriate rain and wind gear.
In the arena you will meet your guides and your horse for the day and the guides will make sure that you feel comfortable and safe. After a short assessment, you will leave for the pony trek toward the beautiful Omey Beach and Omey Island. The guide will lead you off road, where you will pass Courthoor Lough and you can see some famous Connemara Ponies in the fields.
Arriving in Claddaghduff, you are right on the Wild Atlantic Way, and you will make your way to one of the Wild Atlantic Way signature points, Omey Island, which is a designated Special Area of Conservation. On the beautiful Omey Beach you have the chance to take pictures and depending on your level of experience you can canter or gallop across the white strand. Novices are kept safely in walk and trot. Then you cross Omey Beach the guide leads you to the other side of Omey Island, where you have a fantastic view over the wild Atlantic Ocean. Then you make your way back to Omey Beach, where the horses can cool themselves while riding through the sea.
After this you depart Omey Beach and ride back to the riding center and dismount.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Cleggan Beach Riding Centre, Trean, Cleggan, Co. Galway, Ireland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- No riders under 8 years of age.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- There is a rider maximum weight limit of 90kgs/200lbs
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.