Shore Excursion - Speightstown Heritage Walking Tour and Sunset Dinner
Are you yearning for an authentic tour of Barbados? Look no further!!
Let me show you the Speightstown I was born and raised in just as I remember it. I would love to share my most treasured and intimate memories of travelling around the island with my father. The shores and forts of Barbados have always made me giddy because of the immense pleasure I drew from them growing up. Come explore them with me as I share interesting facts only a local would know. I'd love to take you for a journey through history as we travel the quaint towns and absorb in the beauty of ancient buildings.
Also get to interact with locals as we pass vendors in the streets as well as the famous Barbados rum shops. And not to mention the natural scenery, the breathtaking flora and fauna. Maybe we will see a monkey or two crossing the road!
End your tour enjoying a sumptuous 'Bajan' dinner with a commanding view of the setting sun as you continue to learn more about this quaint town.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Personal audio device to hear the guide clearly
- Local guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- You get to try and enjoy the various modes of transportation on the island as you make your way to the round-a-bout at the entrance to this historic town for the start of your tour. You should allow for at least 15 minutes before the official start of the tour in order to get your personal audio devices and snacks. While you are on island time your guides will aim for a prompt start for your 4-hour tour. This tour can be a little bit longer if you have tons of questions as your guides want to ensure you get to hear as many of the stories of this rich historical area as possible.
We start at the newly built round-about which marks the entrance to this town. We travel the through the streets, among the local persons plying their trade – even interact with them; as we journey, you will also see and hear about the forts and cannons of the 18th century.
A few intriguing stories along the way will bring it all together.and this tour is made even more comfortable with the aid of your personal audio equipment. No more running to catch up to hear what the guide has to say! Take your time and hear as though he/she is right there talking to you alone. What a wonderful experience awaits you on a walking tour of Speightstown, Barbados.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
There will be an additional transportation charge for groups larger than four (4). This cost will be determined based on pickup point. Please contact us for this additional charge.Ports
- Port Barbados Main Gate, Harbour Industrial Park, Bridgetown, Barbados
Departure Time :3:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Availability for tours cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of tour availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions, If canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.