Shore Excursion - The Historic Garrison and its Museum - A Military Story
Are you craving a historical military-based adventure in Barbados? Have you ever wondered what military life was like during the colonial period? Then boy have I got a story for you!
"I was here to defend this gem of an island and it was nothing like what I would have expected as a soldier. My story is bittersweet, but nonetheless, has to be told. I want to tell you about the prison and the walk of shame I had to endure. About the services offered around the 'Savannah' and all the joys that can be drawn from this area despite the hardships that have made it what it is...."
Join us on this journey back to 18th century Barbados as the life and times of British military occupation in Barbados are brought to life. Learn about the barracks, the hospital, the forts, the cannon collection, the prison and even the court martial site before visiting the house where George Washington stayed! A little snack helps pass the time as you are transported to the Barbadian military Garrison of 1705.
per adult from
150 to 180 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Personal audio device to hear the guide clearly
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Barbados Museum & Historical Society
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Barbados Museum & Historical Society, 7 Highway St. Ann’s Garrison, St. Michael, Bridgetown Barbados
Self Guided tour of the Museum.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: George Washington House, Bush Hill, Garrison Barbados
We observe the property from the road side as we tell you the story of George Washington's visit to Barbados
Pass By: Garrison, Garrison, Saint Michael Parish, Barbados
We take a walk around the Savannah as we share the stories of those who walked before us.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Bridgetown/Grantley Adams Airport, Adams-Barrow, Gordon Cummins Hwy, Barbados
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Availability for tours cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of tour availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions, If canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Disposable earphone are issued. However, guests can use their own earphones.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Chattel House Audio Tours Inc