Shore Excursion to Orvieto and Civita di Bagnoregio
Get out of the beaten tracks and stay far away the main touristic flows! Hire a Private Driver-Guide with this tour, who will pick you up down the gangway in Civitavecchia Cruise port and will drive you and your party (the vehicle is a comfortable, luxury minivan, max 8 people) to visit two charming hilltop villages, travelling across the uncomparable beauty of the Italian countryside.
Are you ready to visit the lovely Orvieto, one of most charming hilltop town in central Italy, and to discover the "secret" of the "floating hamlet", Civita di Bagnoregio?
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
What's included :
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Pick up and Drop off at the Cruise Terminal with Private Driver-guide
What's excluded :
- Admissions to sites, museums, churches
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Orvieto
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orvieto, Orvieto, Province of Terni, Umbria
Orvieto is a lovely little hilltop town dominated by its Cathedral, a Duomo built in the 14th century that will impress you for the imposing beauty of its elaborate facade.
With the help of your Driver-guide, you will get the picturesque funicular to reach the main road, Corso Cavour, and start your stroll through the typical shops and suggestive alleys that branch off from the main road.
Other than the Cathedral, other highlights are: the 13th century papal palace located next to the Duomo and the St. Patrick's Well, a masterpiece of engineering from the Renaissance. But this charming town hides one more "secret": its Etruscan Underground, whose visit is definitely worth it (admission price: EURO 7.00)!
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Duomo di Orvieto, Piazza del Duomo 26, 05018, Orvieto Italy
Pass next to the Tower of the Moro (if the steps don't scare you, you can climb to the top to enjoy an amazing view of the whole city from the highest and most suggestive point) and finally reach the "highlight" of the town: a few steps from via Cavour, in fact, there is the majestic Cathedral of Orvieto, which already amazes only for the surprising glance that it gives to those arriving from the Corso. This incredible Gothic cathedral is an impressive sight both outside with its rose window, mosaics and bas-reliefs, and inside with its sculptures and frescoed chapels.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Civita di Bagnoregio, Civita di Bagnoregio, Province of Viterbo, Lazio
After some time at leisure for lunch (and your driver will be plenty of suggestion about this!) reach Civita di Bagnoregio, the so-called (and with good reason) "floating hamlet".
Founded by the Etruscans and dating back 2,500 years ago, Civita di Bagnoregio is today desperately clinging to its dear life. Perched precariously on top of a tufa hill and surrounded by a desolate canyon, the town resembles an isolated island at the mercy of a tenacious ocean. No words can describe the magic atmosphere of this place!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Civitavecchia Port, 00053, Italy
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/9/2020 - 10/27/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.