Shore Excursion - Walking Tour of Speightstown and its Museum
This tour takes you for a relaxing and informative stroll through the quaint town of Speightstown which is always awash with activity but somehow maintains its British colonial charm. Our tour package maximizes the authentic experience through the eyes of a local.
Get to learn the stories behind the 17th century architecture historic buildings as you experience the sense of development which is evident by the integration of modern architecture. To top it up, you will go on a complete tour of the Arlington House Museum and learn much more about the cultural history of Speightstown and Barbados as a whole. You will visit the forts that Little Bristol used for protection.
Get to interact with the people of Speightstown as the wayside hawkers and rum shops are still very much a part of this town. A little snack helps pass the time as you are transported through the day to day activities of this quaint town and your tour will end with a local beverage at the renowned Fisherman's Pub.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Personal audio device to hear the guide clearly
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- You will be picked up at the round-a-bout at the entrance/exit of the Bridgetown Port. You should allow for at least 45 minutes before the official start of the tour in order to get your start point, where you will receive personal audio devices and snacks. While you are on island time your guides will aim for a prompt start for your tour. This tour can be a little bit longer if you have tons of questions as your guides want to ensure you get to hear as many of the stories of this rich historical area as possible.
We start at the newly built round-about which marks the entrance to this town. We travel the through the streets, among the local persons plying their trade – even interact with them; as we journey, you will also see and hear about the forts and cannons of the 17th century.
A few intriguing stories along the way will bring it all together. A tasting and sample along the way, completes this tour which was made even more comfortable with the aid of your audio equipment. No more running to catch up to hear what the guide has to say! Take your time and hear as though he/she is right there talking to you alone. What a wonderful experience awaits you on a walking tour of the Forgotten Town - Speightstown, Barbados.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Bridgetown/Grantley Adams Airport, Adams-Barrow, Gordon Cummins Hwy, Barbados
Departure Time :9:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Availability for tours cannot be checked without making a booking. Credit cards will only be charged upon confirmation of tour availability
- Subject to favorable weather conditions, If canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.