SHORE EXPERIENCE: TEIDE and NORTH, an island of contrasts and wines
If you are passionate about the culture of wine and you would like to delight your palate with the wines from this volcanic land in the north of Tenerife, we have designed this experience thinking of you.
During this itinerary you will enjoy the impressive landscapes where volcanoes, climate and altitude have formed a huge variety of unique contrasts. In the highlands of Tenerife, the landscape turns into volcanic. Teide National Park is one of the great wonders of the world. Here awaits for you the majestic Teide stratovolcano that, at 3.718 meters above the sea level, is the highest peak in Spain.
You will descend directly down the valley of La Orotava on the way to a prestigious winery located in El Sauzal. A guided visit will take you through the vineyards and the cellar to see the wine production process. Then, you will have a delightful lunch inspired in the canary cuisine, paired with a selection of three wines.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
What's included :
- Licensed Tour Guide in Spanish, English and German.
- Transport in a van or minibus *(it depends on the type of booking)
- Accident, rescue and civil liability insurances of the vehicle and passengers.
- ENOGASTRONOMIC EXPERIENCE: guided visit to a winery and tasting-lunch paired with three wines.
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Bodegas Monje
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrances to museums and other attractions.
- All what is not explicitly included.
- Stop At: Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Tenerife, Canary Islands
At the meeting point, located by the Port´s Marina. We will briefly make an introduction of the tour before leave the city heading to Tenerife´s highlands.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: La Esperanza, La Esperanza, Tenerife, Canary Islands
On our route to the highlands of Tenerife you will discover the treasures of the Corona Forestal Nature Park, while pines scents awaken your senses and fill your lungs with fresh air.
Stop At: La Tarta del Teide, 38300 La Orotava, Tenerife Spain
Overlooking the pine forest, the beautiful views are worthy of the best photos. On most days, the trade winds drive little fluffy clouds across the sky: a fresh breeze that gives us life. Here you will be amazed to see the ‘sea of clouds’, a visually impressive phenomenon sure to blow your mind.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Teide National Park, 38300, Tenerife Spain
Atop the island, the landscape turns into volcanic cones, craters and lava, dikes and elevated rock formations. At these heights it boasts a large variety of endemic flora and fauna. Teide National Park is one of the great wonders of the world, and it is for this reason that it was named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Here the majestic Teide stratovolcano awaits you, which, at 3,718 metres above sea level, is the highest peak in Spain.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Orotava Valley, Puerto de la Cruz, Tenerife Spain
You will descend directly down the valley of La Orotava on the way to a prestigious winery located in El Sauzal. The winery is surrounded by vast vineyards, growing at 600 metres above sea level on steep terrain that makes mechanical cultivation unfeasible, and so the vines are tended to by hand.
Stop At: Bodegas Monje, Camino Cruz de Leandro, 36, 38359 El Sauzal, Tenerife Spain
A guided visit will take you through the vineyards and into the winery where you will be able view the wine production process. Then, you will enjoy a delightful lunch on the terrace of the winery’s restaurant with spectacular views. The restaurant is inspired by the Canary Island cuisine, and your meal is accompanied by a selection of three wines made from unique varieties of grapes such as: Listán Negro, Listán Blanco, Negramoll, etc.
Duration: 2 hours
• Watercress butter, Almogrote and Chorizo Palmero with bread
• Cream of vegetable soup with four-cereal “gofio”
• Traditional recipe of meat or fish dish. - To choose between:
- Roasted shoulder of black Canary Island pork*
- Fish in onion sauce*
* both served with wrinkled potatoes & almond green “mojo”.
• Lettuce salad with Guayonje onion, flavoured with wine salt
• Homemade Quesillo with a sponge base and red wine jam
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You guide will be waiting for you at the MEETING POINT for Official Tour Guides (APIT Tenerife). It is right by the Marina´s Building (it has a piramidal shape glazing roof). You can find the meeting point walking from the ship tracking the BLUE LINE marked on the ground to the "City Center". It takes about 10-20 minutes walking from the Ship. DO NOT take the shuttle bus.Once you have booked the tour, contact the supplier to send you a map with detailed information about the meeting points.Ports
- Marina Santa Cruz, Calle Dársena Comercial Los Llanos S/N, 38001 Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- In compliance with the protocols established to minimize the hygienic-sanitary risks caused by COVID-19 in the development of our activity. The use of a mask will be mandatory in those situations and spaces that require it. Your guide will keep you informed at all times about the steps to take.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.