Short Cycle & Trek Kerala Tour
Short Cycle & Trek Kerala Tour is a 4 days trip start with a cycle tour of Fort Kochi, exploring the Jew Town and goes through the highest regions of the Western Ghats. The Suryanelli Treks are such a trek through forest and tea plantations of the Western Ghats. In this trek you will explore the tribal villages, variety of plantations, peaks and different terrains.
Anaerangal Camp, set against a large shola forest - high altitude cloud forest - and against the backdrop of the peak they call ‘Phantom’s Head’, the Suryanelli camp is a self contained camp. The camp has 16 large cottage tents – all furnished with large cots and comfortable mattresses, 4 large windows . There is a large gazebo, where you can join in for the nightly camp fire and dinner on order - one would say an ideal meeting ground for adventurers to spin yarns at the end of a hectic day spent outdoors!
per adult from
What's included :
- 3 nights accommodation
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Bottled water
- Buffet lunch & dinner at Suryanelli
- All activities
- Local guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Day : 01 Arrive Cochin
You will be greeted by our representative and transfer to your hotel in Fort Kochi. After a short safety brief by your guide, lets start cycling through the narrow lanes and Spice market towards Mattancherry. The architecture of the busy street in this enclave is very definitely European, with fine houses built by wealthy British traders, and Dutch cottages with split farm house doors. After reaching Mattancherry, we will head for the local visits at Mattancherry. Mattancherry Palace popularly known as the Dutch Palace, features Kerala murals depicting Hindu temple art, portraits and exhibits of the Rajas of Kochi. After visiting the Palace we will stroll through the Jew Street and visit the oldest active synagogue in the Commonwealth of Nations. Then we will continue our cycling towards The Santa Cruz Basilica. This is a very attractive church made in gothic style, which was originally built by Portuguese. From there proceed towards the Princes Street, Chinese Fishing nets and St. Francis Church. Depart.
Day : 02 Cochin to Suryanelli (Phantom Head) 3hrs – 5kms
After lunch by 3.30 pm
If you are adventurous enough, a climb to the Phantom’s Head will be an ever remembered walk a top the tallest feature nearby. The high point will always be the sunset, trek to Phantom head peak to see the spectacular sunset over the Papathy Shola and famed Anaerangal lake is ever forgettable. After sunset we will walk back to the camp through tea plantations.
Highlights – Mimosa trees, Tea plantations and grass lands
Overnight at Anaerangal Camp
Day : 03 Suryanelli (Ellamudi Trek) 7hrs – 11 kms
You can also visit to a lemongrass oil extraction centre and cardomn drying unit, we will walk through (Butterfly Forest – so named for the mass migration of butterflies in October & November). The hills come alive to the morning sun. Today you also have a chance to visit the tribal village of the muduvans – a tribe who have for centuries colonized the upper reaches of the Western Ghats. Their peculiar habit of carrying their children on their backs have earned them their name as muduvans or the ‘back people’.
Highlights – walk though cardomn plantaions, eucalyptus plantations and lemongrass
Overnight at Anaerangal Camp / Lake view camp in doom tents
Day : 04 Suryanelli to Cochin Airport - Departure
Checkout from your hotel and drive to Cochin airport for your onward flight.
Departure Point :Kochi (Cochin), Kochi (Cochin), Ernakulam District, Kerala
Traveler pickup is offered
Our representative will hold a placard at the airport arrival gate.Airports
- Kochi Airport, Kochi (Cochin) India
Departure Time :
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.