Shoshone Rapids Short Trip
As much as we'd love for you to be able to spend the day rafting with us, we know how hard it can be to find the time when you're trying to cram as much fun into your vacation as possible. That's why we created the Nooner. Roundtrip from the boathouse to Shoshone and back in 75 minutes (or less), you'll be fun and done with plenty of time to spare. Offered daily – at noon.
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Free local hotel pickup and drop-off with advance notice
- No additional fees and taxes
- Optional use of wetsuits, river booties, and splash-jackets
- Personal Flotation Device (PFD) aka, lifejacket
- Professional photographer
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Defiance Rafting, 1308 County Road 129, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601-9736
Your experience starts by meeting at the Defiance boathouse in No Name, CO in beautiful Glenwood Canyon (which is just 2 miles east of the community of Glenwood Springs). There, we will gear you up, talk about the trip, and introduce you to your river pro. Then we'll shuttle up the canyon to Shoshone where we will put-in on the Colorado River. You'll find action right away as we navigate down the Class III-IV Shoshone rapids. We'll follow that up with 45-minutes of scenic canyon float with occasional splashes and opportunities to jump in the water through lower Glenwood Canyon before arriving back at Defiance HQ.
Trip Length: 60 to 75 minutes (dependent on river flow)
Multiple departures daily. (Check the schedule for specific departure times.)
Check-in is 45 minutes prior to departure
Requirements: Paddlers must weigh at least 50lbs to raft through the Shoshone rapids. Paddlers under 50lbs (but over 30lbs) will join us at Grizzly Creek, which is just below Shoshone rapids.
Departure Point :1308 Co Rd 129, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601, USA
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- 24-hour cancelation policy (outside = full refund; inside = partial refund up to 50%)
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival. Please arrive 45 minutes prior to trip departure.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 32 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.