Sian Ka'An and Muyil Archaeological Site Tour from Tulum
The archaeological site of Muyil is located in the northern part of the Sian Ka'an Biosphere reserve. This ancient Mayan trading post is the perfect place to enjoy astounding Mayan temples such as the 17 meters (57 ft) building known as El Castillo in the incredibly diverse semi-deciduous forest of Sian Ka'an. From the archaeological site you will take an interpretive trail towards the tallest observation point of Sian Ka'an to admire the exuberant vegetation of the jungle and the fresh water wetlands. Once you reach the Muyil lagoon, you will take a boat across two lagoons connected by an artificial canal that has been in use for many centuries. Xlapak is the name of the building at the beginning of the lazy river and the start of an incredible floating experience in crystal clear pluvial water on its way to the Caribbean ocean. You will float for over 30 minutes surrounded by mangroves, orchids, bromeliads. A delicious vegetarian picnic with seasonal fruits is included in the tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (revise confirmation email for pick up time)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Muyil
- Entry/Admission - Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve
What's excluded :
- Extra Transportation Fees (North of Tulum)
- 10USD per person extra for pick-ups between Bahía Puerto Principe and Puerto Aventuras. +$20USD per person extra for pick-ups between Puerto Aventuras and Playa del Carmen Colosio Street. +$30USD per person extra for pick-ups between Colosio Street (North of Playa) del Carmen to Iberostar Grand Paraiso.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Muyil, on Federal Highway 307 Chanyaxche Mexico
Explore the archeological site of Muyil still covered by the jungle and once an important trading post.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve, Sian Ka'an Mexico
Walk through an ecopath through the jungle, climb up a watch tower, explore the fresh water lagoons by boat, float in a lazy river
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :1: Mexico Kan Tours- Eco Tours Tulum Riviera Maya, Avenida Tulum S/N. Entre Orion y, Calle Centauro Sur, Tulum Centro, Centro, 77760 Tulum, Q.R., Mexico
2: Oxxo Puerto Morelos, Av Javier Rojo Gomez 1270, Esq, Av Tulum, Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico
3: Micheladas del Semáforo, Mz 1, Lt 2, Carr. Cancún - Tulum, Smz 18, 18, 77580 Puerto Morelos, Q.R., Mexico
4: Starbucks, Calle Quinta Avenida S/N, Gonzalo Guerrero, 77710 Playa del Carmen, Q.R., Mexico
5: Go Mart, KM 2695 MZA 29 LTE 2, México 307, 77780 Puerto Aventuras, Q.R., Mexico
6: OXXO, Chanchen Palmar, Camino Acceso A Playas s/N, Yodzonot, 77785 Akumal, Q.R., Mexico
7: Coba archaeological site, Quintana Roo, Mexico
8: Iglesia de San Servacio, Calle 41, Centro, Valladolid, Yuc., Mexico
9: Casino Palace Bingo & Sport Bets® Cancun, Av Tulum Esq Jabali con SM20 MZ 09, Av. Labná, Colonia Centro, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
10: Forum By The Sea, Blvd. Kukulcan, Punta Cancun, Zona Hotelera, 77500 Cancún, Q.R., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from the immediate Tulum area is included in the price. Additional fee applies for pick ups outside of Tulum
Departure Time :12:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Don't Forget to Bring:
- Bathing Suit.
- Comfortable Shoes.
- Extra T-Shirt.
- Sun glasses.
- Cash (Most of the local vendors only accept cash).
- Only if necessary: Bio degradable Sun Screen & Bio Degradable Mosquito Repellent.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Necessary COVID-19 prevention measures are implemented during the tour (50% capacity, Antibactial gel available and facemasks complusory, sanitization of vehicles and equipment, safe distance between all participants, groups from 2 to 6 people maximum, private tour possible)
- If you present any of the following symptoms (fever, dry cough, tiredness, headaches, aches and pains), please refrain from joining the tour, contact us as soon as possible and look for medical assistance
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- The vehicles will be filled to 30% 40% or 60% of their capacity according to the color system issued by the government of Quintana Roo, Mexico. During the whole excursion and for each activity, we will be using antibacterial gel.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.